Swap Fall big meat swap

b_illymac

Member Active
You can post what you have in mind if you want. I usually just let it be a surprise. I haven't had any issues with duplicates so far.

JohnB

Not too many more than 8 is a good number for me. I'm stoked for some mandatory vice time but having to make ~25 chunky streamers is starting to push it for me.

b_illymac

Member Active
Not too many more than 8 is a good number for me. I'm stoked for some mandatory vice time but having to make ~25 chunky streamers is starting to push it for me.
I was thinking 10 guys which would be 18 flies per person to tie. But we might not reach 10. We definitely have enough already for the swap

Cold

Whatever is tied here, I'm looking forward to lots of good, inspiring pictures in this thread.

Some shots of the flies would be cool too.

Bajema

So for big articulated patterns, do you guys leave both hooks or clip one of them (if so which one?). Since I haven't tied or fished these before I figured I'd ask. Right now my plan was to just leave both hooks and let the user decide if they want to clip one.

spadebit

I'm going to make a single and a two hooked... the authority figures at wdfw (after some lengthy exchanges of emails and phone calls mixed with confusion on what a streamer even was) don't allow two hooked flies on on fly fish only and selective gear waters. But for general reg waters, a two hooked streamer is legal.

Latest posts