Ezra's Rod Build!

Eric Denny

Summer is over but I'm still fishing!!
thanks Phil, he's had his ups and downs but he always seems to bounce back full of energy. We only have about a week and a half left in seattle then we will be headed back to spokane. Once there we are almost at the half way point of treatment he had 42 weeks of chemo when we get back will be the start of week 21. I will keep posting on this thread even after we are back in spokane and the rod is built. I believe a lot of people want to know and I will do my best to keep people posted.

If the power doesn't go out in Seattle tomorrow night.....we are going to finish Ezra's rod!! Thanks to all who contributed and followed this awesome project! Great cause for a great little guy!

Eric Denny

So awesome night, Steve and his lovely wife came over and me and Steve knocked out the rest of Ezra rod. I will have pictures tomorrow of Ezra and rod, wait to find out info in reEl and line, hoping to get him out fishing it ASAP.

Eric Denny

So we found out today at about 3pm that we get to go home, we had thought they where going to give him 3 more treatments and we would leave middle of the week but Dr doesn't want to chance doing any more damage to his little body. He got his catheter out which made getting pics a little hard but I got a couple.

With the storm I don't know if we will get to fish Denny creek, I had planed on letting him use my reel as we are still working on getting line and reel sorted out. But with the storm don't know if he will get to, but as a fly fisherman I give my word if there is a chance, even a little one and even if it's only a few cast, we will fish Denny creek if we can we will.lol if so you will get pics of both of my youngest fishing it.

I want to thank everyone who has followed this and even bigger thanks to the ones who helped me build it, they one who showed me how Steve to the ones who sent stuff to make it possible you all are amazing and if any of you are in spokane or north idaho let me know I would love to fish with you and if nothing else buy you lunch.

I will keep this updated with how he's doing and just pics of him being him. If anyone has any questions please feel free to inbox me.

Attachments

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Well-done to all involved. I have followed this thread religiously & the first photo is exceptional (as well as put a tear or two in a tough old man's eye.). Ezra and you remain in my daily prayers.

Latest posts