Ezra's Rod Build!

Eric Denny

Summer is over but I'm still fishing!!
thanks Steve. I got some rod building stuff so am going to be needing ur advice real soon I will take a pic of the stand my brother in law made me it's nice. I still need the part to hold the thread but he's doing thst now it's super nice.

Eric Denny

Hey Steve and everyone else that fallow this thread. Things have been good but busy unfortunately I haven't gotten to build a rod yet but do have 3 set ups ready to build, my brother in law made me this beautiful rod holder to build them on now I just have to build something to hold the thread while I do it. I will take pictures of it and post them soon

Ezra has been doing great we have about 4 more chemo and a couple extra weeks of blood work and he will be done. So like 6 weeks and as a hole the lot of us are so excited I couldn't put it into words. He has asked me more times then I can count when we are going fishing, it amazes me how he remembers it.lol I am going to see if I can rent a drift boat and take him out before spring run off. I have the man pontoon but wouldn't feel safe tell it gets a little warmer, so if we do take a swim no one freezes, but might have to wait tell it does.

I'm back working full time so that has kept me busy. I will add some pictures of him. Sorry to everyone for not staying more up on this sometimes life gets going.

We are looking forward to this summer we will be back over in seattle or around that are at some point and would very much like to see you, we will also be taking a lot of camping trips and would enjoy meeting anyone that's in or around those areas so I will keep people post and of any of you would like to meet Ezra I am sure he would enjoy that.

Attachments

Freestone

Not to be confused with freestoneangler
Fantastic news on all fronts, Eric! I am so happy for all of you! I hope that time flies and the 6 sessions are over before you know it. Prayers for Ezra's healing will continue and then be followed with prayer's for his first fish!

Hey Eric,
How's our little buddy doing? Taken him fishing yet? I'll bet Ezra would like the short bamboo rod I've been fishing with....5' and caught fish up to six pounds so far! I must've C&R'd over 50+ fish since February with it. You can see pictures of it in the "Short bamboo od challenge."
Give Ezra a big hug for Kerri and me, keep in touch.

Eric Denny

He's doing good Steve I have yet to take him fly fish as the lakes are closed and the rivers are to high but I did take him to the big horn show where he got to fish the stocked pond(pool) he caught 4 the first day and 2 the second day. I made a point to not help to much and to be honest he did really well. The second day he was able to do it all him self set hook and get it over the side by backing up.

he ended treatment last week and gets his port out in another week. He's already starting to fill out and has peach fuzz.lol

Here are some pictures

Attachments

Latest posts