Ezra's Rod Build!

Hi Eric,
Hows everybody doing? How about a new picture of Ezra? What's happening on your side of the mountains for fishing? We're still pounding the lakes here, when's the next time you're back over here? Kerri says HI!

Eric Denny

Summer is over but I'm still fishing!!
Sorry everyone. Got a new phone and haven't gotten everything setup in it. he's doing good we had a scare the other day but it was just normal boy stuff he busted his head open. Scary part was the phone call I got telling me about it while I was at work. let just say when the fire fighter was asked how big he got in. mess up with cm. and had a dad doing 95 on the free way to the ER. was told 4in by 1in. I will post a pic of what it was.

the rivers over here Steve are way to high, normal for this time of year and needed after the low flows we have had the last few years, I was lucky enough to get the cabin on the Joe at the end of June. So pretty excited about that. I plan on taking him before then but don't know if the water levels will allow. I also have a late night gear fishing trip I normally go in with the kids coming up when it warms up.

here are the pics.

Attachments

Eric Denny

Yeah I need to just never been much on lake fishing but it would probably be what's best for him anyways. we have a lake out here that you can only fish with kids that would be a good choice.

Eric, thanks for the update and the photos. I'm really happy to see that Ezra is doing well, gash in the head notwithstanding!

Please give him and your family all my best, and do holler if you need anything,
Kenneth

I just clicked on this thread. I know I am jumping in late, but once I started reading I had to read every word all the way
to the last post. I am glad that Ezra is doing so well. I was thinking, there are programs like the Wounded Warrior Project
and Casting for Recovery, there may be other programs out there. I have done a little work with kids on opening day and
Cast for Kids through the Poggie Club here in Bremerton. It is a wonderful thing to see the excitement on a kids face when
they catch their first fish. There are too many kids out there like Ezra. That said, I think some of you may already know
where I am going. I bet I can get a few blanks donated or at a very good price. The guides, cork and reel seats can be
donated. Someone’s wife can stich up some rod socks. Do I need to say more? "Project Ezra"

Soft touch Jerry

Eric Denny

I just clicked on this thread. I know I am jumping in late, but once I started reading I had to read every word all the way
to the last post. I am glad that Ezra is doing so well. I was thinking, there are programs like the Wounded Warrior Project
and Casting for Recovery, there may be other programs out there. I have done a little work with kids on opening day and
Cast for Kids through the Poggie Club here in Bremerton. It is a wonderful thing to see the excitement on a kids face when
they catch their first fish. There are too many kids out there like Ezra. That said, I think some of you may already know
where I am going. I bet I can get a few blanks donated or at a very good price. The guides, cork and reel seats can be
donated. Someone’s wife can stich up some rod socks. Do I need to say more? "Project Ezra"

Soft touch Jerry
Jerry that is something me and my wife have talked about a lot. How we can give back to the group's that where there to help us. I would be VERY interested in doing something like this. I have thought about building a rod to donate to some of the events they have or trying to put a fly fishing event together and donate proceeds to one or more of these groups. There are more then most people would thing down to specific types of childhood cancers. I have done nothing like this so don't have a great idea where to start but sounds like you might. And if I'm right I'm all ears. One of the biggest helps through this for my family was ACCOIN( American childhood cancer organization inland northwest) And I am still in contact with them as Ezra still has check ups and scans he has to do, and will do for the next few years. But again I'm all ears on any ideas and ways I can help get something like this started.

Eric Denny

My son is doing great but I would very very much like to pay this forward. And if I could do that with something I enjoy as much as fly fishing all the better. I cpould never put into words how theraputic it was to build this and how much joy I get know that the first fly rod my son will use was built by my hands with the help of some amazing people.

Eric Denny

Lets se where this goes. I have never gone through what you and your family have, But "pay it forward" works for me. I haven't meant Steve yet but he sounds like a good guy.
He's a awesome guy. And so is everyone else that has found time to fallow this thread and help where they have.

I have no real idea how to start something like this. A pastor friend of mine said "Every walk in life starts with that first step." You may have a better handle on existing organizations and programs than the rest of us. I think getting some of us fly fishing guys together to donate and build the rods won't be all that hard. Figuring out a venue to get the rods, reels and flies to the kids might be a little more difficult.

I will be teaching a fly tying session at one of my fly fishing clubs this morning and may be able to bring this up and see what they have to say. I think we have about a year to plan something. Keep thinking.

Latest posts