Ezra's Rod Build!

Eric Denny

Summer is over but I'm still fishing!!
So we have gotten out to cast the rod on the lawn I will get pictures next time we get out to try some more. he has done good, gets really excited to go practices and then gets one or two castes in and he's good.lol I think on the water will be more fun.

I was lucky enough to get pulled for the cabin on the st Joe. 25-27 of June so he will get some fishing in there. If anyone following the thread wants to come up for some fishing more than welcome. if you let me know I will make sure there is some lunch for you.

I have kinda set his rod up like a tinkra outfit. I tighten the drag all the way and bring put a rods length of fly line plus leader. figure that's enough for him to handle. I'm trying to find a picture of the last time we where on the joe.

Eric Denny

And I fished that spot every morning and evening 3 years ago when I had won the cabin the last time. it's right down the street and was fast walk.

Eric Denny

What everyones been waiting for!! I finally got him out fishing. We had a awesome time fishing the St. Joe stay 3 nights at red ives and though he needs some practices on casting he reeled in his first couple fish and learned the heart ache of the one that got away.

My daughter also caught her first fish on a fly rod with out any help, she has reeled in mine before but this was done all on her own.

Best part I have pics.

I fished probably a 10th of what I normally would yet this is one of the best fishing trips I have ever had. I think the only thing that comes close to catching the fish my self was watching my kids catch them.

Attachments

What everyones been waiting for!! I finally got him out fishing...

I fished probably a 10th of what I normally would yet this is one of the best fishing trips I have ever had. I think the only thing that comes close to catching the fish my self was watching my kids catch them.
Most excellent! Two thumbs up, dad and family.

Your last paragraph defines the trip in a nutshell. You don't get to fish, but you still come away fully satisfied. What can be better than that?

Thanks much for sharing,
Kenneth

this was when he was about 8months old. my goal is to get a picture of him fishing this water. we will see with how high it is and if I can get him out there.
This is awfully late, and I could be wrong, but I swear I fished that very spot numerous times in the 90s...One of my favorite places...Love, love, love the St. Joe.

Caught fat cutthroats on a "St. Joe Special" I picked up on in St. Maries until I was tired of counting them.

Latest posts