Ezra's Rod Build!

Eric Denny

Summer is over but I'm still fishing!!
This is awfully late, and I could be wrong, but I swear I fished that very spot numerous times in the 90s...One of my favorite places...Love, love, love the St. Joe.

Caught fat cutthroats on a "St. Joe Special" I picked up on in St. Maries until I was tired of counting them.
Yeah the Joe is one of my fav rivers to fish, Ezra got this fish a little down from the ranger station above the common hole ppl fish there right off the road. I ended up catching a fish or having one on just about every time I went by the hole that's why I took him there, he had one get off from here to.

He got it on a green drake, I took a pic of the fly and haven't fished it since.lol saving it.

Attachments

Nice fly, did you tie it Eric? How big was Ezra's fish? I think I'm going to have to hit the rivers soon, the lakes been off lately. I worked a bit on bamboo today...any progress on your bamboo rod? Say hi to your family for us, big hug for Ezra.

Eric Denny

I have the rod cleaned up and will work on building it along with the other blanks I have gotten over the winter Steve. Right now I been trying to fish and camp when not working. I'm going to Montana next week for a few days.:) I'm super excited don't know if the family is coming or not. The fish Ezra caught looked about 12-14in. I know I have raised a fly Fisher man. He was very upset about the ones that got a way.lol

We will be going to Disney world for make a wish the 5th-11th of Aug so I will get more pics them he's supper excited about that... I'm super excited about that.lol

I told the family you said hi and have Ezra a hug from you we should be coming over there before school starts my brother in law wants to take me to chase pinks. If we do i will reach out to you if you make it over this way let me know.

Which rivers are you fishing in Montana? Sounds great! That's cool you're all going to Disney....Kerri and I were thinking about going.
There's been a few reports of scattered pinks coming in....hope there's a good run, we'll see. It would be great seeing you guys again, keep in touch and have fun in Montana.

Eric Denny

Steve I'm going to Rock Creek to chase fish with a spruce moth, I also might fish the blackfoot as I haven't fished that river yet.

And have a pretty good feeling we will over there towards the end of Aug.

Eric Denny

Also for anyone that's on the thread if you live near Rock Creek and would like to fish I'd feel honored to meet you. It also looks like the family will be coming so you can see use the rod we built. Well maybe I was scared when he had the cutties on don't know if I'd let him lose if he gets one of them browns on.lol

I'm not joking when he had that cutties and I handed him the rod I was worried he would either get pulled in or let go of the rod. But I wanted a pic to remember that moment with, same reason I took a pic of the fly.

What's crazy is his favorite color, right now, is green. So guess it was fitting he caught his first fish on a green drake.

Latest posts