Thread Never Darkened????

It seems that my latest purchase of Flexcoat varnish has built in color preserver. This not what anticipated or wanted as I am used to bright orange thread becoming a more pleasing, dull finish. Is there a way to darken this unwanted bright orange without going through a coat of different varnish?

Shopkeeper

It seems that my latest purchase of Flexcoat varnish has built in color preserver. This not what anticipated or wanted as I am used to bright orange thread becoming a more pleasing, dull finish. Is there a way to darken this unwanted bright orange without going through a coat of different varnish?
That's weird...Same thing happened to me...On a test wrap with orange thread on a TXL-F blank, the orange (Gudebrod) was almost a brownish/copper color. After a couple coats of Flex-Coat, it brightened way up.

I'd say it's more me miscalculating what complete coats of epoxy do to this thread color than the finish for me, though.

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

IMG_7515.jpg

typhoon

I fish
Thinning the first coat of epoxy with isopropyl alcohol or acetone will allow it to better penetrate the nylon (non-NCP) thread.
Your only other option would be to paint the blank under the wrap black or dark grey.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts