WFF I'll Be Out Of Reach From 30 Sep-20 Oct

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
What's a Pollock going to be doing in Ireland. My dad is from England. Newcastle to be exact. Thats right below Scotland. I would of liked to go there when I was younger but never found the time.
I went to Scotland and Ireland. I actually have Daschofskys who've lived there a couple hundred years. Wife's family came from both Ireland and Scotland. So went there for our anniversary. I always loved Scotland, but never made it to Ireland. Glad I went. Loved both countries.

David Loy

Senior Moment
I've been to Europe and/or Greece three times so far, and had great times each trip. I hope to get to Ireland and Scotland next. England too of course, but I've always wanted to hang in Ireland most. I have a tentative golf trip planned with a buddy but the first trip will be with Liz, and the girls if they can make it.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
I made some great connections while I was there. I now have some free access to some Scottish rivers and some Irish rivers. Nice thing about staying purely at BnB's, you got inside info from the owners (especially when they own river frontage). Plus, when they find out you're a fisherman, they really start talking your ears off. Next trip we'll head over a couple weeks earlier to be able to fish the rivers while they're still open for salmon. Stayed at a BnB on the Kings River in Ireland and watched as Atlantics were moving up river and saw some nice browns as well. This was purely a trip for my wife and I to celebrate our anniversary and just explore the two countries. BUT who said I couldn't do any recon?

Latest posts