FS Winston Biit 7'6" 4-weight Fly Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rod is now sold; thanks for looking.

For sale is an as new, never fished Winston BIIt 7'6" 4-weight fly rod. I bought this rod from the original owner in August of this year, for a good friend to use on a fishing trip. Well, he never made the trip and since I already own and love another one of these rods, this one is up for sale. The original owner says the rod was never registered, never fished, and lawn cast one time. While I cannot attest to the original owner's use of the rod, I can say this: I have never handled the rod except for checking it out when I received it, and to accurately write this post and take the accompanying photos. The rod is indeed in outstanding condition. There are a few tiny scratches on one side of the butt cap and the cork may be a bit discolored (hard to tell) consistent with limited handling. Otherwise, the blank and all components are as new. This is a Winston-built rod in Twin Bridges, MT. I should add there are a few small scratches on the metal storage tube.

The 7'6" 4-wgt. BIIt is a great rod for small to medium water: medium-fast, delicate, accurate presentations, plenty of tippet protection; flexing smoothly throughout the casting stroke, with quick recovery and sufficient backbone for wets and nymphs. The late rod designer Sam Drukman considered the BIIt his finest Winston rod.

Selling price for the rod (including tube and sock) is $395. This price includes USPS Priority Mail shipping in CONUS. PayPal is fine; I'll pick up the fees. I will include the copy of Winston's on-line warranty registration form from the Winston website that the original owner sent to me. Any questions, please ask.

Winston BIIt 7'6" 4-wgt. - 1 of 1.jpg Winston BIIt 7'6" 4-wgt. - 1 of 1 (1).jpg Winston BIIt 7'6" 4-wgt. - 1 of 1 (2).jpg Winston BIIt 7'6" 4-wgt. - 1 of 1 (3).jpg Winston BIIt 7'6" 4-wgt. - 1 of 1 (4).jpg Winston BIIt 7'6" 4-wgt. - 1 of 1 (5).jpg Winston BIIt 7'6" 4-wgt. - 1 of 1 (6).jpg Winston BIIt 7'6" 4-wgt. - 1 of 1 (7).jpg .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts