Threaded Reel Seat Options For Graduation Gift

para_adams

That is stunning Ron! You have really outdone yourself this time. I'm sure this is something that will be a prized possession for your son.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I tried to make it my best effort. But those double trim wraps drove me crazy, and the red wraps had to be non-color preserved while the trim wraps were color preserved. Worked out ok but way too much effort if it wasn't a special rod. Ron

Last edited:
Very nice Ron! Your son will enjoy that Dad built rod for life! When do you present the rod to him? You'll have to take pictures of that and his first fish on it....now go fish shorty!!

para_adams

We plan to get him home for a week after graduation and I've got a Yakima float reserved. That 8' rod is a bit under gunned for the yak but we may hit the mothers day Caddis hatch and it might be fine for casting small xcaddis flies.

para_adams

I debated what to write. D. R. Stone blank? too much info. Nothing? But then you have no idea about the rod's character. Settled on "Granger 8040 taper." Hopefully my son will like the way it casts. I'm just thankful he somehow decided he likes fly fishing and wants to fish with me when he's in town.

I debated what to write. D. R. Stone blank? too much info. Nothing? But then you have no idea about the rod's character. Settled on "Granger 8040 taper." Hopefully my son will like the way it casts. I'm just thankful he somehow decided he likes fly fishing and wants to fish with me when he's in town.
Ron,

I think it was good to leave Dennis's name off the rod. Once you sell an unfinished blank to somebody, you lose control over it, and damage could potentially occur if the varnish or components weren't done properly. To me, the person who finishes the rod puts their name on it.

Tom

Latest posts