WFF Political Discussions

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Whaaaaaatttt? Holy moly!
Not to worry - said carcass was fairly well freeze-dried. My Lab found it - when I put the tree in the garage to warm-up so I could trim the butt, Tana wouldn't leave it alone. I thought she was acting "birdy," but discovered that she had been acting "squirrelly" instead, lol. Darn tail wasn't even salvageable for tying material . . .

SilverFly

I did consider placing a laser projector out front to wash the exterior of the house with stars, but figured that would just get vandalized or stolen.
That's why you get a 2nd unit to mount in a front window. Except that one gets retrofitted with a 500 watt carbon dioxide laser and programmed to permanently inscribe "Merry Christmas!" on the forehead of anyone who messes with the other.

Salmo_g

Hmmm, I'm expecting 2 year old and 11 month old grandsons to pay a visit this Christmas. Might have to hang all the breakable ornaments out of reach, with the wooden and metal ones on the lower tiers of branches. Thanks for the reminder folks!

PhilR

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey
Hmmm, I'm expecting 2 year old and 11 month old grandsons to pay a visit this Christmas. Might have to hang all the breakable ornaments out of reach, with the wooden and metal ones on the lower tiers of branches. Thanks for the reminder folks!
And with two new dogs, one of which is a wire-hair/chainsaw cross (excellent imagery, Jim), we're doing the same.

jersey

livin' the dream
A friend used to hand their tree from the ceiling. Old home with vaulted ceilings.. get the tree in the base and hoist it up about 5 feet.

Cats, dogs and kids could not rip the stuff off it.

A friend used to hand their tree from the ceiling. Old home with vaulted ceilings.. get the tree in the base and hoist it up about 5 feet.

Why have a tree at all?!

Isn't half the fun (of course, looking back), all those times where your kids/dogs/cat knocked the tree over?

I remember years back, when my older ones were little, "hiding" ornaments.

I asked, "Why did you take those ornaments off the tree and hide them?"

Son's reply, "Because I wanted to keep them."

Well duh! :p

Krusty

Dogs will swallow the damnedest things; had a big Alsation ('Police Dog' to you Clinton voters, and a German Shepherd to the Trump voters) that once ate one of those 6" nerf balls....our neighbor came rushing over to tell us about it.

We called the vet and he said she must have tore it up and swallowed it piece-meal....and if started acting strange there was a good chance she'd need surgery to remove the blockage.

So...we watched her...until a couple of days later I saw half an orange nerf ball hanging outta her butt. After a few laps around the yard she'd had enough of that, sat down and scooted it out...completely intact.

The kids next door always had a shitload of nerf balls, so I figure they never noticed a thing when I pitched it back into their yard.

It was a win-win situation fir everybody...except the vet.

Last edited:

PhilR

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey

Actually did this our first Christmas in Oregon. Got into the house two days before Christmas, tree stand still packed, and none in the stores. But I had a bucket, and a plant hook on the ceiling in the corner.

Latest posts