WFF Political Discussions

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
Geez Swimmy...is that all the skis you have? I'd have thought you'd have more than that!!
but before y'all get like "what's in YOUR wallet", I'm shooting off a preemptive strike:

I think this is most of `em, along with part of the wax bench. Gotta remember though, I hold a Level II coach's certificate from the (now defunct:() U. S. Ski Coaches' Association; PSIA certification in 1974, 16 years as an NSPS Senior Patroller (at Slide Mountain, NV, and Kirkwood, CA), and Head Coach for UC Davis Nordic Ski Team, 1985-1990, with 5 League championships.

Alex MacDonald

No wonder your knees ache . . . I never down-hilled but did enjoy cross-country and especially snow-shoeing.
nah, it's all that running I did, doing both marathons and ultras, including the 1980 Western States (22:47), not to mention jumping out of perfectly good airplanes just because the stupid light turned green........

psycho

including the 1980 Western States (22:47),

Now that impresses me. Jumping out of planes while the engines are still running and the wings are attached sort of implies a lack of certain cells in a certain part of the body.:eek: :D Not quite as bad as those guys brushing rocks with the wing suits but close. :D At least as a rock climber I always had at least three points of contact with mother earth most of the time.:rolleyes:

Dewayne

Those are nice skis Alex. But your workbench is a little cluttered and the lid isn't even shut on your trash can. Swimmy will not be pleased. :)

JACKspASS

Great job, Swimmy. I take holiday decorating very seriously.... finished this one last nite

IMG_20161120_120630890.jpg

Tree decor is not my specialty, so don't be too critical of this one... more to come. Couldn't wait til after turkey day to start. It's about ready to get real! Somebody needs to start a new thread ;)

Alex MacDonald

Those are nice skis Alex. But your workbench is a little cluttered and the lid isn't even shut on your trash can. Swimmy will not be pleased. :)
How do you know I'm not right in the middle of waxing something, & waiting for the iron to complete it's cycle??:D

Actually, there's a whole `nother bench you can't see in that photo-the one for the Alpine skis. the main bench is for prepping the Nordic stuff, which takes a lot more time

jersey

livin' the dream
Here's another fun one that is super easy

Start with an empty vase, some tinsel, and old ornaments. Start adding each but be careful not to stuff too much tinsel. You want to see the ornaments.

This makes for a cute piece that is versatile and cheap. I'm in it for $6.

You really used the word "cute" on a fishing site. Please don't tangent into clipping coupons chat.

Antique glass balls would nail it.

Latest posts