WFF Political Discussions

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
That bike looks like it is collecting dust.

Finished off the front porch.

I just caught this, Swimmy, but yeah, my bikes are collecting dust. Can't bend my left knee enough to ride now. Some days I can, some, not so much, depending on the weather. I'll get a new knee on 06 March, but until then, I just have to hold it together long enough to burn up my 3 season passes.....

Alex MacDonald

Those are nice skis Alex. But your workbench is a little cluttered and the lid isn't even shut on your trash can. Swimmy will not be pleased. :)
Lessee....5 pair of K2s, one pair of Vokls, 2 pair of Fischer tele boards, 2 pair of Altai Hoks, 2 pair of Dynastars, 6 or so pair of Atomics, couple of pairs of Madshus, some Jarvinens, more Fischers, probably pushing 30 pair altogether, for various applications. Especially when I'm teaching, I'll use 3-4 pair of classics; no wax, waxables, and hypers along with some out-of-track stuff. And enough wax to be able to float the Bismark!

Lessee....5 pair of K2s, one pair of Vokls, 2 pair of Fischer tele boards, 2 pair of Altai Hoks, 2 pair of Dynastars, 6 or so pair of Atomics, couple of pairs of Madshus, some Jarvinens, more Fischers, probably pushing 30 pair altogether, for various applications. Especially when I'm teaching, I'll use 3-4 pair of classics; no wax, waxables, and hypers along with some out-of-track stuff. And enough wax to be able to float the Bismark!
I am an automotive hobbyist. You'd reach through the internet and slap me for harassing you if you saw my badly cluttered work bench 90% of the time. :)

smc

but before y'all get like "what's in YOUR wallet", I'm shooting off a preemptive strike:

I think this is most of `em, along with part of the wax bench. Gotta remember though, I hold a Level II coach's certificate from the (now defunct:() U. S. Ski Coaches' Association; PSIA certification in 1974, 16 years as an NSPS Senior Patroller (at Slide Mountain, NV, and Kirkwood, CA), and Head Coach for UC Davis Nordic Ski Team, 1985-1990, with 5 League championships.
Ha. Slide was the first mountain I ever skied, on an old pair of 220 Stein Ericksons with long thong bindings. This is when I was 10 years old. My dad has a great sense of humor.

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
Pretty crazy. Do you think the Huskies will make it to the playoffs?
Hard to say at this point, but I like their odds.... Either Michigan or Ohio State will lose this weekend, and counting the Big10 title game they might both end up with another loss. That leaves the door open for the Dawgs if they win the Apple Cup and a Pac12 championship game.... ah shit, I took the bait...

Hard to say at this point, but I like their odds.... Either Michigan or Ohio State will lose this weekend, and counting the Big10 title game they might both end up with another loss. That leaves the door open for the Dawgs if they win the Apple Cup and a Pac12 championship game.... ah shit, I took the bait...
I live in Big 10 land. I think the Huskies have a good shot. Wisconsin's tough schedule could be a problem for UW if they win out. But we have another thread for that. So back to egg nog recipes and Christmas tree skirts. :)

Alex MacDonald

Ha. Slide was the first mountain I ever skied, on an old pair of 220 Stein Ericksons with long thong bindings. This is when I was 10 years old. My dad has a great sense of humor.
do you remember that old chair we had, the one which opened around you as you reached the top? it was called the "ringer"? constantly breaking down. I think it was built in the late 40's or early 50's!

Ultimate eggnog recipe

Serves 8

3 cups (700ml) whole milk1 cup (240ml) heavy or double cream3 cinnamon sticks1 vanilla bean pod, split and seeds removed1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish5 eggs, separated2/3 (130g) cup granulated sugar3/4 cup (175ml) Bacardi Dark Rum, or bourbon

In a saucepan, combine milk, cream, cinnamon, vanilla bean, vanilla seeds, and nutmeg. Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Once boiling, remove from the heat and allow to steep.

In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar until combined and thick ribbons form when the whisk is lifted. Slowly whisk in the milk and continue to mix until the mixture is combined and smooth. Add bourbon or rum, and stir. Refrigerate overnight or for up to 3 days.

Before serving, beat the egg whites in a large bowl or stand mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold into eggnog until combined. Serve and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.

Tree skirts? Red velvet......duh!

Swimmy

Riffle > Run > Pool
Look at that, it only took 5 posts to derail a thread about off-topic threads....
Is this a thank you for saving another thread?

It is like Santa's workshop over here. We have three trees up so far, garland littering the interior, more lights going up on the exterior (it is addicting) and our big tree going up this weekend. Thinking a 12'er will look nice in the living room if we can find one not too wide.

I'm so pumped for the holidays. I think Melissa is having more fun laughing at me.