WFF Political Discussions

smc

do you remember that old chair we had, the one which opened around you as you reached the top? it was called the "ringer"? constantly breaking down. I think it was built in the late 40's or early 50's!
I don't remember what it was called. I do remember it being an adventure and that the ski off at the mid-way point was a bit of a challenge for a first time beginner. Much easier to just ride all the way to the top. Slide was where I learned the fine art of the kick turn.

I was happy to learn that Slide and Rose finally joined, always thought they should, just sad that it happened after my time there. Pretty cool place to ski. Lots of nice memories too about the weekend kids ski program at Sky Tavern. I understand that is still happening - a good thing.

We put up a twelve foot tree once. ONCE!

it was the perfect shape. I had the brilliant idea of decorating the top before standing it up.

Just one problem. it was a Fraser pine. The needles are sharp as razors. I looked like I had a fight with a couple of alley cats, and lost!

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Should we start a thread on ladder safety?
I defer to my Son, Son-in-Law, young friends/neighbor, etc. when it comes to using any ladder taller than my 4' step ladder (and I limit that to the 2 bottom steps, lol.). I reckon that I have successfully exchanged my former agility for prudence.

I was struggling with burned out incandescent minibulbs on a nice wreath last night and while searching for testing methods ran across this video.
After watching it I thought what the hell and bought one.
Amazing! One click and problem solved.

Salmo_g

I use my 24' extension ladder to stain the gables and clean the gutters. I'm not into outdoor Christmas lights. I'm leaving that to Swimmy.

KerryS

Ignored Member
I use my 24' extension ladder to stain the gables and clean the gutters. I'm not into outdoor Christmas lights. I'm leaving that to Swimmy.
I used to put up lights until I realized no one can see the place from the road. If I ever do it again I'm going to buy one of those new fangled LED projectors and stick it the front yard, all done.

hbmcc

Nobody said anything when I put up lights; just my wife. And, now that I don't put up lights, they still don't say anything. Santa still found us.

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
I don't remember what it was called. I do remember it being an adventure and that the ski off at the mid-way point was a bit of a challenge for a first time beginner. Much easier to just ride all the way to the top. Slide was where I learned the fine art of the kick turn.

I was happy to learn that Slide and Rose finally joined, always thought they should, just sad that it happened after my time there. Pretty cool place to ski. Lots of nice memories too about the weekend kids ski program at Sky Tavern. I understand that is still happening - a good thing.
Yeah, it was called the "ringer", and it swiveled around you as you stood up! Think it was one of the very first chairs in Nevada! And it always broke down as soon as one of us was half-way up!!