Wood Drift Boat Restoration

KerryS

Ignored Member
New addition to the shop arrived just in time. 70k btu raised the temp to 65 in the shop which is a 35 deg raise in temp.
I want one. My shop has been sitting at around 30 degrees for the past week and a half. Needless to say not much has been done.

nomlasder

I want one. My shop has been sitting at around 30 degrees for the past week and a half. Needless to say not much has been done.
Its awesome, they are spot on with 1/2 gallon per hour. Takes about an hour to get my shop comfortable and in 4 hours I'm turning it off when the temp outside is freezing. I'll be digging next week when the temps go up and I will only have to run it to take the chill off.

Salmo_g

Ross, what is the purpose for staining the "bottom" face of the plywood bottom? Won't it be covered with fiberglass or some other "shoe"? Post #54 is showing the bottom exterior. Did you coat both sides with clear coat epoxy?

nomlasder

That is the interior of the bottom. Once complete, I'll flip it over and stick it down with 3m 5200 and bronze screws.
The edges will be finished flush with the sides and the chine batten will be installed.
The bottom will be then be sealed with epoxy and the two coat Wetlander system applied.

Bjorn

Ross I am trying to figure out what Wetlander is; would you call it a paint? An epoxy? The website does not really explain that and just talks about the slippery aspect of the product. I know you have used it before; could you say a few words about how it works?

nomlasder

Wetlander is a 2 part waterbased epoxy boat bottom sytem, applied in a base and top coat. I have found it to be super tough and extremely slick. It can be brushed, rolled or spray applied.
I spray it on using 2.0 tip.
How does it work, great.

Latest posts