WTB 3wt Or 4wt Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all...I'm looking to buy a 3 or 4wt switch rod and try to get into the two-handed world of fly fishing. I'm willing to consider any rod in the $100-$200 range for an entry level rod but I would prefer to pick up a fiberglass rod. Am thinking SRC and rezzies will be the main target!

Thanks!

Nick

Derek Young

Emerging Rivers Guide Services
Nick, I have an Allen "Olympic" 4wt switch that I'd sell for $100, you pay shipping. No sock or tube. PM me for pictures if you're interested. Will include 225 grain Scandi.

Derek

Ask around here on the site. Though I don't have a ton of experience with them I know others here have. One was for sale just recently in the 100$ range here in the classifieds. May still be available if you look around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmann886

Nick, I have an Allen "Olympic" 4wt switch that I'd sell for $100, you pay shipping. No sock or tube. PM me for pictures if you're interested. Will include 225 grain Scandi.

Derek
This is a good buy...especially with the Scandi at 225 gr.

As far as your questions about ARE Rods, I have two. One is a 12' 3/4. UHM that I built. I really like it but would probably go with an 11' rod next time. I have a 210 gr. Scandi that is excellent with small flies. I really like it with an Orvis Bankshot line when throwing a tip or weighted flies. The only down side with the ARE Rods is that you don't have any type of warrantee. With a 7/8 and replacing a broken third section I am still in less than the cost for a warranted service on some rods. I have a Cabella's LSI in a 5 wt. ( on sale last week for $125 and worth considering) that I broke horsing a fish in heavy current and had a replacement rod faster and at less cost... I now believe Warantee service should considered more than I did before breaking these two rods. No complaints with either company but it is the pits missing out on a short season or a planned trip due to slow turn around for replacement pieces or as with Cabelas, a new rod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.