Cat Island, Bahamas

MDK

I rented a small 2 bdr house in Arthurs Town on Cat Island, Bahamas Feb 13-Mar 1. My fishing buddy had something come up and can't come. So, I will be there by myself. I am a DIY fisherman and main reason for trip is bonefishing. I know this is a long shot but if someone is interested, room is available. I've never been there but have fished a number of times in Mexico and Central America.

Mems

Never been to Cat Island. I just googled it and found a number of great stories about bonefihing there. Should be a great place, good luck, Mems

MDK

I found what I had run across a few weeks ago. Might not affect a single person, but sounds like it's better his friend isn't showing up.

http://bonefishonthebrain.com/bahamas-regulations-done-deal/
I found what I had run across a few weeks ago. Might not affect a single person, but sounds like it's better his friend isn't showing up.

http://bonefishonthebrain.com/bahamas-regulations-done-deal/
Doesn't sound good. I had thought of going to Bahamas a year ago but because of this issue I changed my mind. I thought this was a dead issue but guess I was wrong. I,ve already paid airfare and housing and so am locked in. Cat Island is less visited than many of the islands and so maybe I'll be alright. I'll let the readers know how it went.

rotato

What a mess
I had a great time trolling for Barry's with a neighbor of the place we rented.
That would suck if that is illegal

I'm all in on buying a liscence
I'd buy a liscence in Hawaii if I could too

Dipnet

The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
I'd like to get in touch. Not sure how to go about it. I live in Washougal, WA. Leave Feb 12 for Cat Island.
Just click on gstonefly's name under his/her avatar. A box with his personal information will pop up. Click on "start a conversation" in order to send him/her a pm.

SilverFly

I'd like to get in touch. Not sure how to go about it. I live in Washougal, WA. Leave Feb 12 for Cat Island.
Wish I was going back to the Bahamas but not likely anytime soon. OTOH, I'm up for sharing spots on our local crick if you'd like some company closer to home.

Looking forward to a Bahamas report. Good luck!

Latest posts