Cutthroat Fishing On Lake Sammamish

Elliott5400

Seems like general advertisement from shops for the hot cutty action is up from recent years.

I think a lot of folk have little to no respect for the notorious guide of the lake.

plecoptera419

IMHO, eating anything Wild, that is less than super plentiful, is a disgrace. Add more cows to the feedlot then, the excuses many sportsmen make to eat populations of wild animals holds no logical weight in my thoughts.

We have a lot of deer, one deer is equal to, what, about 200 wild cutthroat out of Sammamish?
I have local idiot hunters that say "we need to have a swan season, there are so many"..Well, there are 200 right in front of you, but how many elsewhere? THESE are the kind of people that have been running Fish and Game for decades.

We have screwed with things aplenty, and how many times has it really worked out for the best?
Darn near zero.

Human beings are the reason 99% of the fish and wildlife are gone, one way or another, in the past few hundred years and more.
Fact.... The Pacific Flyways swan population is 70% over it's population threshold.

plecoptera419

"Facts" are rarely such.
My information came straight from USFW, so you can go see for yourself if you should feel so inclined.

Considering the swan population out here was hunted to a mere 5,000 birds before commercial hunting of the species was stopped, It proves that a species can recover if conservation is practiced properly. It shows a stark contrast to the way the state is managing our fish out of existence,

Smalma

The swan recovery is a real wildlife success story. Of course there is a major difference between them and the salmon/steelhead situation. The swan nesting habitat is largely intact and their winter needs are well taking care of from the agriculture situation on the wintering grounds. To recovery the population all that was required was to quite kill them. However the salmon's spawning habitat is severely compromised and getting worst and at the same time their freshwater and saltwater feeding areas are also compromised.

Curt

dustinchromers

Love the lets “kill cutthroat because they are killing Kokanee” justifications on that site.
What a bunch of dumbfucks.
SF
If it's the site I'm thinking you're talking about then intelligence isn't to be expected. I always wondered why full scale harvest of a unique strain was celebrated so by these deep trolling shallow thinking troglodytes. They even have a TV show now. It's painful to watch but interesting to hear their, ah err perspectives?

dustinchromers

Why can’t we protect LS cutthroat without giving up on kokanee? Was that an option? I want that one.

What’s the right situation to protect them? 1/day? Release all cutthroat?
Let em go. Tout a great urban fishery as catch and release. The wdfw does not need the pressure and help of its co managers to destroy fisheries. This travesty when it unfolds will be further proof of that.

Elliott5400

If it's the site I'm thinking you're talking about then intelligence isn't to be expected. I always wondered why full scale harvest of a unique strain was celebrated so by these deep trolling shallow thinking troglodytes. They even have a TV show now. It's painful to watch but interesting to hear their, ah err perspectives?
I have 0 respect for the owner of that site and 0 respect for their buddy guide they promote on the lake. I think a lot of people agree.

Absolutely pimping resources to the max.

I bet those site ads bring some nice income, as does pimping multi limits a trip on Sammamish.

Usual suspects always hauling limits off the lake. Imo there should be a limit of how much you can harvest per bodies of water each season, ESPECIALLY one of such unique nature as Sammamish. Absolutely selfish how many limits the same guys will take throughout the year.

dustinchromers

I have 0 respect for the owner of that site and 0 respect for their buddy guide they promote on the lake. I think a lot of people agree.

Absolutely pimping resources to the max.

I bet those site ads bring some nice income, as does pimping multi limits a trip on Sammamish.

Usual suspects always hauling limits off the lake. Imo there should be a limit of how much you can harvest per bodies of water each season, ESPECIALLY one of such unique nature as Sammamish. Absolutely selfish how many limits the same guys will take throughout the year.
So you're saying jesus didn't put that fishery there and all the animals for exploitation of the faithful?

Matt B

WFF Supporter
The USFWS designated Lake Sammamish an Urban Wildlife Refuge, one of only 8 in the country. It seems like there would be better ways to connect folks to native species other than 5 fish limits.
“This Urban Wildlife Refuge Partnership designation by the Service will bring partners together and provide information on how the public can help conserve native species and their habitats for future generations.”

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock