Fishing On Orcas

dp

~El Pescador
was on Orcas Island over the weekend. it was cold and there was very little open water on the local lakes. but I decided to try and wet a line. As you can see I was unsuccessful. I thought about Ira and using a bobber. Not sure if that would have been effective either. Oh well.....

Attachments

dp

~El Pescador
I saw nothing swimming below the surface. the surface was, well.... all iced over. And not clear ice like I like pouring my whiskey over.
Man, I'm getting cabin fever, I may go to Rocky Ford for a fix.

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
was on Orcas Island over the weekend. it was cold and there was very little open water on the local lakes. but I decided to try and wet a line. As you can see I was unsuccessful. I thought about Ira and using a bobber. Not sure if that would have been effective either. Oh well.....
Never be afraid to fish an indicator!

dp

~El Pescador
it actually bounced off the ice and skipped toward the middle of the lake. guess I need to work on a softer presentation.

steeli

As a seasonal visitor have fished Cascade many times. Of the last few years have caught rainbows (10"-17"), very rare cutthroat, kokanee (thoug challenging of course with fly), oh...and tons of small bass.

Last edited:

Latest posts