Copalis Beach Fishing?

TheAngler

I am heading out to Copalis, WA this weekend to dig for clams. I have a free morning and I was wondering if there are any places to fish around the area. I am thinking about giving the beach a shot for perch. If you have any pointers, please PM me.

Thanks,
Bnejamin

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
ehhhh. I wasn't able to scare up, nor even buy, a surf perch last week, using bait. Sea surface temp was around 46 F this morning. However, low tide is at the crack of dawn this weekend...a good tide and time survey the beach topography for potential perch fishing as the morning progresses.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I am one of the few local anglers that would occasionally prospect for surf perch here during the winter months. Its been colder than hell frozen over lately, anyway. I think I had to use my "Eyes In The Woods" card to get a fire going out in my shop fireplace the other day. Thing was just taking up space in my wallet. I never see nothin' no more no how. Less risky for me.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I can still C&R fish for trout in Marine areas 2-1 and 2-2 year round. So at least I can still walk out on the spits any time and practice my casting with a cutthroat fly.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I am heading out to Copalis, WA this weekend to dig for clams. I have a free morning and I was wondering if there are any places to fish around the area. I am thinking about giving the beach a shot for perch. If you have any pointers, please PM me.

Thanks,
Bnejamin
Copalis River is still open for trout thru Feb, and for salmon thru end of this month. I don't know how its fishing. Check the regs for details.