Short Bamboo Rod Challenge

Bajema

So it looks like I'll be joining the challenge. I'm wrapping up (literally , wrapping the guides) my first bamboo build and already planning the next. Going to use the top two sections of an old ebay rod. I'd like to do a one piece cork grip/down locking reel seat. Where's a good place to get cork rings?

PhilR

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey
Bajema, let's see the one that you're working on now. I just stripped a SB 359, and getting ready to throw on a few coats of tru oil and some new guides.

And Steve, before you ask, I haven't gotten the shorty out since my day on the Deschutes, but I might hit a lake this weekend.

Bajema

Bajema, let's see the one that you're working on now. I just stripped a SB 359, and getting ready to throw on a few coats of tru oil and some new guides.

And Steve, before you ask, I haven't gotten the shorty out since my day on the Deschutes, but I might hit a lake this weekend.
Here's a couple pictures of the current project. It's a 7' 4wt kit.
IMG_4984.JPG

IMG_4937.JPG

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415

Phil
What length is your 359. They came in 8 1/2' & 9'. There is a considerable difference between the two but both are good. Most people prefer the 8 1/2'. I had a 9'. It was heavy, slow and powerful.

TC

Latest posts