Short Bamboo Rod Challenge

The only pictures are from Lue's phone....I have no cell phone or camera. We rarely take hero shots....sorry. When you get a chance, get in touch Mike and we'll fish shortys! Tons of stockers now that the lowland lakes are open....catch some before the powerbaiters yank them out. :eek:

Steve, I was able to figure out how to attach photos. The rod is not perfect and I learned not to use plated tip tops or plated fittings of any kind. It is fishable but I may do a little rework on the wraps. It is an Asian made blank from Angler's Roost, a 6' 2 piece, 2 tip rod.

Last edited:

PhilR

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey
I got shorty out yesterday on one of the Cascade lakes above Portland late yesterday afternoon, but it was an exercise in frustration. I had it way underlined. It turns out that what I could throw standing up in my yard is different than what I can throw sitting at water level. Ended up trolling a bugger with it, but didn't hook up. Live and learn.

I have just about finished getting the tru oil on the 359. Hoping to start wrapping later in the week.

Justin - reel seat is looking good.

The rod is not perfect and I learned not to use plated tip tops or plated fittings of any kind. It is fishable but I may do a little rework on the wraps. It is an Asian made blank from Angler's Roost, a 6' 2 piece, 2 tip rod.

Latest posts