Short Bamboo Rod Challenge

PhilR

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey
Thanks Steve. That's kinda what I did. I stack mended a bunch of line and then trolled a bugger around.

What are the "small blue line", "blue dots" and "freshly stocked dots"? Was hoping to wet a fly with my shorty this week end but honey dos got in the way. My youngest daughter got married last week end at Tibbetts Creek Manor which is just down the street from Creekside Angling. Well, let's just say Creekside Angling has one less Orvis bamboo fly rod in their case.

Thanks for the translation. I worked for the navy for 40 years, the world of acronyms. When I retired I vowed to never speak "acronym". Sometimes it can't be helped.
Hope to be putting the final coats of paint on my "new" old pram. Hope to have it ready by the end of the week. 13 days to go, but who is counting. By the way I talked to your bother-in-law Wednesday.

Now there's some real dumb acronyms for cell texting :confused: I can't stand any of that crap! I don't own a cell phone and never will! Lue and I had a pretty good day at Lone lake, few more for shortys. Going to Mineral lake today.

PhilR

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey
Took the 359 out on the Deschutes yesterday. Slow fishing, but got a few on dries and nymphing. I really like the way it casts. Just need to put a heavier reel on it to balance better.

Cottage Lake works for me. I have never fished it before. Just put a coat of paint on my pram. Will be working on the gunnels the next few days and it will be ready to go.

Latest posts