NFR Wild Sky Indeed. Liquid Landfill Comin' Atcha This Spring!

Buzzy

How long has the " war on drugs" been going on? 40 years, it doesn't work and never will. It's supply and demand, if there is a demand there will be a supply. Reduce the demand and the supply goes away.

I agree that demand drives supply but how do we get to "reduce the demand"? Totally clueless. Drug addiction - what environment do these folks come from? Broken home? I bet not all of these people come from disfunctional family units. Mental disease? Surely this is part of it. PTSD? Homeless vets I'm sure account for part of the problem. Tried the wrong drug at a party, liked it, got hooked?

One thing is for sure, and this thread is certainly proof, we as a society of Americans have a problem that is getting worse and we seem impotent to effect a cure. We can't agree on much of anything.

Chris Johnson

I agree that demand drives supply but how do we get to "reduce the demand"? Totally clueless. Drug addiction - what environment do these folks come from? Broken home? I bet not all of these people come from disfunctional family units. Mental disease? Surely this is part of it. PTSD? Homeless vets I'm sure account for part of the problem. Tried the wrong drug at a party, liked it, got hooked?

One thing is for sure, and this thread is certainly proof, we as a society of Americans have a problem that is getting worse and we seem impotent to effect a cure. We can't agree on much of anything.
I wish I had the answers Buzzy but I don't. Maybe if we had policies centered more on working folks than business and $ things would change. What ever it is it will be a long row to hoe. What we're doing now ain't working that's for sure.

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Supporter
The walking dead are already among us. The amount of trash and filth that is generated here is astounding, a stunning assault on our environment, let alone property crimes and health costs. As much as kayakers protested that drilling rig at Harbor Island a few years back, the complete absence of protest from same environmental activists for the sheer filth we now have to put up with smacks of hypocrisy. If this was 1780's Britain we would be exporting Nuisance-making scofflaws to an Island, to Van Diemon's land, to Australia. The thing is, it worked. A massive re-set of expectations. We need a Big Island. Given climate change progresses, the sea ice is eroding, the tundra moving towards tropical I would suggest here, Melville Island, in the Canadian arctic:

upload_2017-2-18_12-48-41.png

What with the conundrum of immigration facing this country it seems more than justifiable for every heavily vetted immigrant or Dreamer kid who has shown great promise and employability that we give citizenship to, we allow the deportation of nuisance making addict scofflaws to Melville island, a place where you have no past. If you won't work and clean up for yourself and there is not a legitimate reason why (the old, the young, the truly disabled, the transiently unemployed), you go. You got needle marks and a tarp surrounded by trash in the woods or by the highway or through a hole in a chain link fence, you signed your own warrant.

Some would say, "but Boot, Melville Island is Canadian" and to that- if diplomacy fails us (And I can't imagine it would) we offer to pay for Canadian scofflaws (have you seen East Hasting's street in the past few years, JFC- that's what we get to look forward to) to be sent there as well, so long as our unwanted went as well. If the Canadians are not of accord then there is the Larson Ice shelf, in Antarctica...that colored line is an emerging crack that is rapidly progressing. Soon this chunk of ice the size of Vancouver Island will be free of territorial claims...

upload_2017-2-18_12-57-48.png

Last edited:

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
I spoke with a young homeless man camped next to the Puyallup a couple years ago. He claimed to be freshly arrived in the area, from...Montana.

Montana been on an aggressive relocation campaign. It starts off with something like this; "Welcome to Montana, it's a beautiful state and we intend to keep it that way."

JayB

"As much as kayakers protested that drilling rig at Harbor Island a few years back, the complete absence of protest from same environmental activists for the sheer filth we now have to put up with smacks of hypocrisy."

Amen. Sometimes I amuse myself by imagining that it's actually Cliven Bundy and crew occupying the same real estate in public parks and defecating flower pots and creek beds - and pondering the nature of the response from the vast swath of the electorate in Seattle that's composed of insufferably self righteous enablers who are too preoccupied with broadcasting their own virtue to ponder how ethical it is to use public resources to help heroin addicts destroy themselves and desecrate public property instead of promoting lawful behavior and recovery.

Needless to say, they'd be demanding law enforcement use methods that would made your average eastern-bloc dictator from the 80's blanche to get their asses off of public property and out of town. Followed of course by teary candle-light vigils and ceremonies of remembrance for each and every native plant cruelly extinguished beneath the heft of their XXXL RealTree(TM) camo-clad behinds each time they sat down to read back issues of Solider of Fortune during their downtime......

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Isn't there a Montana forum you guys can get on to tug each other's nuts about awesome retiring in Montana is?

We had one once. Started by somebody from this site. It was called "Montana Fly Fishing News". I got a hat from them and a decal for the back window of my pick-me-up. Several from here were on it. But it just died out. I think I even met the one that started it and fished with him.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone

SinglehandJay

Misanthropist
I spoke with a young homeless man camped next to the Puyallup a couple years ago. He claimed to be freshly arrived in the area, from...Montana.
He probably came out west because word got out you can steal and claim you were hungry or because the best shitty drugs are legal so no worries about getting busted. My compassion ends after mental illness, using hard drugs is an active choice that person made. Today in 2021 if you don't know the path you are on going to hard drugs you should just get it over with and kill yourself. Don't put your stupidity and issues onto everyone else. If you feel like you need to use heroin or meth, just kill yourself. Quite wasting money and time and making the outside look like the inside of a portapotty tank. It seems like there are more garbage people than regular anymore, that's fucked up.

hookedonthefly

We donate as generously as we can to charities that truly do help people that need a hand up. I know better than to post on the interweb my opinion and solution. Stay Safe Out There, Best Wishes & Peace, Ed

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info