Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bigfoot Thread

21K views 191 replies 73 participants last post by  Jim Travers 
#1 ·
I was listening to the "news" on the radio the other day and heard a statistic that made me chuckle. 1 in 8 people living in the north west believe that Bigfoot could be or definitely does live.
To add to this, they said 1 in 4 of those believers has claimed to have seen Bigfoot or has seen proof.
Stories of boulders being hurled, prints found, loud knocks in the woods... alot of interesting things mentioned in stories (except proof).
So I put this out to you. Any stories or experiences or reasons to believe here? I imagine at least 1 in 8 of you beleieve...

#189 ·
Rarely do I read 13 pages of a thread, but honestly find the subject fun and fascinating. I would be placed in the believer/want to believe category. We have had a few unexplained events over the years. Growing up in southeast Oregon in the tiny town of Shady Cove, my brother and I would hike the mountains for hours and miles. A neighborhood dog would always accompany us. Mountain dog and not scared of anything really. On one of our hikes he alerted to something off the trail, turned and ran back down the mountain. We heard some loud crashing ahead of us. As we came around the corner, very clearly in the trail was a VERY large, barefoot print of a left foot at the edge of the trail going back in....couldn't find the right print...to clear that span with one stride.....large creature.
About 18 years ago a group of us were camping out Stampede Pass way and heard very strange howling from up above our camp. 3 or 4 took off to find what it was, and came back with scared dogs and that feeling previously mentioned of being in the presence of something they were not meant to be.
Lastly..! Same brother from both above encounters spent some extended time in the Kanaset area and swears there is one out there. Same howling as Stampede noise and something answering it back.
I know none of this is conclusive evidence, but I consider myself and my associates as intelligent, rational people. Some things occur that you evaluate using your primitive self preservation senses. You just KNOW something is different

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.