Ross reels and spools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roper

Idiot Savant
#1
I have the following reels for sale:

Pre 98 Cimarron 2 with spare spool, great condition. SOLD

Earlier Cimarron 1 (post style) with spare spool, great condition. $75 SOLD

Colorado 1, small ding on frame. Works fine. $70

Pre 98 C1 spare spool. $25

Early Ross Reel #3, first model made in California, with 6wt floating line and backing. Sweet old classic. $150

I have photos of all these reels and spools if you want to see them. They all work fine, I'm just moving to one size/style reel for all my trout rigs, too much confusion with all these different reels. These would be great starter reels for somone new to the sport, low cost, great reels.
PM me for photos and include your e-mail address.
 
J

johnb

Guest
#2
I am not familiar with the various Ross styles you list. Do any or all of the styles you are offering work with 4 - 6 wt. lines? Maybe a better question would be: which would work best? Pictures would help.
 

Roper

Idiot Savant
#3
johnb said:
I am not familiar with the various Ross styles you list. Do any or all of the styles you are offering work with 4 - 6 wt. lines? Maybe a better question would be: which would work best? Pictures would help.
John, the C2 or Ross #3.

When I get home this afternoon I'll post some shots...
 

halcyon

Hallelujah, I'm a Bum!!!
#4
Roper,

I have one of the last batch of R1 reels Ross ever made. It is truly a beautiful reel and the R series is the father of all of the CNC reels on the market today.

Regards,
 
#6
Are the Ross Cims interchangeable with new Cim 1's? I am looking for something for my 3 wt, and do they have the warranty?

I love my current Ross reels.
 

Roper

Idiot Savant
#7
Jeff Wood said:
Are the Ross Cims interchangeable with new Cim 1's? I am looking for something for my 3 wt, and do they have the warranty?

I love my current Ross reels.
No, I don't believe they are interchangeable...sorry.
 

4blade

New Member
#8
hey roper post says colorado 1? is it 1 or 2.if what we talked about in pm send me a price with shipping and i,ll send off some money.ok for 5 or 6 w?
 

Roper

Idiot Savant
#9
4blade said:
hey roper post says colorado 1? is it 1 or 2.if what we talked about in pm send me a price with shipping and i,ll send off some money.ok for 5 or 6 w?
4Blade, this illustrates my confusion with too many reels, I'm sorry but it's a Colorado 1. Not suited for a 6 weight. Again, I apologize for any confusion.
 
J

Johnnyb

Guest
#11
Hey Roper,
How do you think that C1 would handle a 5 wt outfit? if the notion is not too outrageous, I'd be happy to give it a try. Respond, and I'll PM you to sort out the payment details.
Thx,
John
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts