this
52K views 878 replies 67 participants last post by  Robert Engleheart 
#1 ·
EPA Budget cuts (numbers in millions)
Font Material property Parallel Slope Number

Get a rope.

See less See more
#10 ·
Other than the fact that was a Energy Department program run amok, you're spot on as usual.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Irafly
#16 ·
Yes, we don't need any of that clean water. I suggest we jump on the band wagon for merchandizing portable air filtration systems so we will be able to fish for the mutant fish that surely will populate our waters. They will be easy to spot, glow in the dark fish are easy to see (if the oil slick surface isn't to sullied by dying vegetation). But heck, what am I talking about, without affordable health care I ain't going to live long enough to see it. Sure feel sorry for the up coming generations though.

#35 ·
I was taught that science and learning was good.
To have the EPA head say that CO2 isn't an issue
boggles the mind. As they gut the State Department
along with everything else, continue to have more
revalations about their good friends in Russia, I
wonder where this will end up. I expect a President
to be competent even if I disagree with him.

Competent? Not our President.

#58 ·
What we need is an actual health care system.

Last time I went to the doctor for foot pain, I made an appointment showed up 5 minutes early and had to wait for an hour. I get in to see the doc limping all the way. I explain what I am experiencing she looks at my foot for maybe 2 minutes and orders an x-ray. She gets the x-ray and sees nothing on it. Comes back with a diagnosis of "your foot hurts" and gives me pain meds. The next day i can barely walk but i tough it out and the pain slowly goes away. It's happened 3 times since then, i ain't going back there for them to do nothing!!!

My wifes PCOS. She goes to the gyno. Who prescribed the pill for her. The pill gives her a heart attack goes to the ER ( her doctor ordered her to)waits for hours to get seen they do all kinds of tests and find nothing they give her pain meds the meds make her sick 3 different anti nausea meds then another pain med them more anti nausea meds. 11 am- 11pm in the ER 15000 dollars and they did absolutely nothing for her. They did not treat her for anything that they did not cause.

I have not a lot of sympathy for the medical industry. It needs massive reforms!

#72 ·
The weather here is nice. There was a nasty storm headed our way last night, but it just petered out. Last night it was 30 degrees and this morning it is 44 degrees. It's supposed to get into the middle 50's today and by next week the low 60's. It's clearing off and the sun is peeking out.

Hell, I might just go up to the Beaverhead today and throw a few flies around.

#69 · (Edited)
So long as health care is treated as a product as opposed to a service, somebody is going to get screwed. Under the current system, my premiums doubled this year along with my deductible.....Why? Middle class America should not be paying premiums for health care that exceed their monthly mortgage payments. In a five year span, I've written monthly checks to health care in excess of 40K. I've been to the doctor three times during that entire span, and for well checks only. I don't buy that the affordable care act is to blame....the health care system was broken long before that, and still is. I don't know what the answer is but something needs to be done.

Edit: Don't mind me, just venting. I rarely let anything politically motivated bother me, but the ridiculous cost increases for health care has me just a bit irritated.

#71 ·
Good points. My beef with The not so Affordable Health Care Act is the manner in which it was forced on the public. Remember Nancy's famous line "we must first pass the legislation before we can see what's in it". It was so damn good, Congress opted themselves out of it - WTF? Most on both sides of the isle agreed that some changes were in order, particularly for those most vulnerable. But this was simply a high jacking in the interest of leveraging political power. The Dem's at that time, much like the GOP now, took advantage of numbers while keen to the knowledge that the "window of opportunity" is often short. This more often than not leads to shit piles that we Joe Public get to navigate through.

#70 ·
I pay for health insurance I don't use. I'm 82 and I go to the doctor once a year. I go to get my meds renewed. I not the top of health but I get by. I have a bad back and knees, I limp a lot but I don't want to go to see a doctor. As long as I can still throw a fly around I feel I'm fine.

I should get fixed but just how much longer am I going to be around.

I have supplement insurance along with Medicare. But I still pay over and above that. You would think that they would fix me so I can pay for those who don't pay for it.

I have a daughter that is on Medicaid. She just spent a week in the local hospital because of the Flu. She doesn't have to pay for her hospitalization. Not one red cent. Is this fair to you and me??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.