Honorary Member
Hook-size 6 umpqua or targus 2457
Thread-same as legs and thorax
Tail-Natural pheasant tail
Body-Natural pheasant tail
Rib-Small copper wire
Wing case-Natural pheasant tail
Legs-Rubber legs, color of choice
Thorax-Any dubbing ( I like master bright or something with a little flash) wrapped around the legs.
Collar- hungarian partridge or equivilant
Head-Tungsten nickel 3/16

This is a pattern i picked up from All About the Fly and like i said in the gallery, Ron from all about the fly promised me SS status with these bad boys, yep that was a lie. I have been tying up a bunch of these in preparation for my michigan trip.

Jeremy Husby

Is there a Vahalla for fishermen?
Man. . .I find these all over the trees on the Stilly, I swear the only flies I find always have those rubber legs, don't know why. . . .

Another great steelhead nymph (atleast for the NW) is the Kaufmanns' BH Stone with rubber legs. I have watched guys have great days on those thing. . . .

Tell us how you trip goes Mike. . .

Matt's Stones. Real easy and real nice.

Hook: Mustad 9672 or equivalent (3x long streamer), 4-12
bead: black (tungsten, preferably)
Tail: brown or tan-dyed fluff from the base of a hackle
abdomen: sparkle chenille, black or golden brown
thorax: brown or gold squirrel dubbing, ribbed with brown or tan-dyed grizzly hackle

Those rubber legged cheat'n' gizmos look abosolutely scrumptuous. I bet the bass and panfish would gobble them up like after dinner mints. Great looking pattern.

Randy

mike doughty

Honorary Member
I can take credit for tying them, except one, but i can't take credit for the pattern itself. just had to clear that up. the pattern i bought from all about the fly, but thanks for all the kudos.