Idaho Float Trip Ideas?

802flyfish

Any recommendations on rivers in Idaho for an overnight raft trip?
We're looking for something fairly mellow (under class III) and decent fishing. We were hoping
To find a river that has a hot spring(s) we could stop at. Located in Montana so we're hoping to do a long weekend this summer.

creekx

Director of Stoke
If you want an overnight, fairly mellow float with decent fishing and hot springs the Clark Fork checks all of those boxes - just not the Idaho one.

There are nice overnight floats in Idaho too such as the Lochsa, but it's whitewater early summer, and by the time it mellows out the fishing drops off. The middle St. Joe has multiple floats with camping opportunities but gets a fair amount of traffic on weekends.

802flyfish

Thanks for the info CreekX. The St Joe looks like an excellent choice. I'm not familiar with hot springs on the Clark, do you mind sharing which one it is?

thanks

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Why is it that when people ask about fishing someplace. The ones that give out answers never look as to where the poster is coming from. In the first post the guy said he was from Montana. So why did somebody recommend to fish in his home state.

It's just me bitching. Nobody ever takes notice when I bitch.

creekx

Director of Stoke
Why is it that when people ask about fishing someplace. The ones that give out answers never look as to where the poster is coming from. In the first post the guy said he was from Montana. So why did somebody recommend to fish in his home state.

It's just me bitching. Nobody ever takes notice when I bitch.
Hi. I am that somebody. Montana is a big state and the Clark Fork is much closer to Idaho than it is to Bozeman.

Alosa

My recommendation for Idaho: South Fork Snake, or the canyon section of the Henry's Fork.

Alosa

With four days off you could do a float trip and some walk/wade exploration. You asked for advice on Idaho...go where YOU want...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts