Big Island Bone

Mems

Aloha, went out on April Fool's day and got this nice Big Island bone.

Got it on my TFO BVK 6wt and a TFO 340 reel with 12lb tippet. It went into the backing a couple of times and I was able to keep it out of the rocks. It swam away healthy and strong. Hope you weren't fooled on April Fool's day, Mems.

David Loy

Senior Moment
Sound like a good time. Had a great trip to Kauai recently but only fished for an hour. Wind and surf straight at me, not good. Family trip, gardens, snorkeling, cocktails, dining, warm sun sun sun. I'll get them next time (as usual).
Naz fich.

Mems

Thanks guys, it was nice to see a plan come together and battle one of this size and land it in tough conditions. Hawaii is really an quality vs quantity type of fishery. Don.

Mingo

the Menehune stole my beer
Thanks guys, it was nice to see a plan come together and battle one of this size and land it in tough conditions. Hawaii is really an quality vs quantity type of fishery. Don.

wet side or dry side Mems?

DimeBrite

5X Celebrity Jeopardy Champion
That bonefish is a toad! Must have been tense fighting it around the sharp lava rock.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts