bamboo rod clave

Ron, I've got it on my calendar & hope to attend. It's a long way from our new home in Lacey, and my wife's condition and treatment is always changing, so there is some risk.

I'll bring some "shorty" rods for Lue and Steve's challenge, including the 6' PMQ I recently made, a 6' 4wt Wayne Cattanach taper likely based on Paul Young's Midge, and a 5' one-piece rod I made several years ago.

Right now I'm working on a 7' DT5 based on the rod Farlows made for Lee Wulff, and sold through Norm Thompson until they got out of the outdoor business. The rod is still available on the Wulff web site. This is a stiff, strong taper that Wulff used for Atlantic Salmon fishing, and might be useful for a lot of PNW fishing situations. In any case, it's something different, and hopefully I can get it finished for the casting event.

Tom

Thanks for picking up the ball. I just got back from a week and a half in southern California. I had no computer access to follow up on this. The 24th sounds good to me. I have a few tables and chairs. See you there.

Jerry

Latest posts