What Rod Are You Working On?

Hi Ron,
I haven't been working on bamboo much this summer....busy fishing. Now that the lakes are getting too warm, rivers and some rod building. How's the healing coming along? Takes longer now days.... I do have quite a few to build.-Steve

Last edited:
Hi Ron,
I haven't been working on bamboo much this summer....busy fishing. Now that the lakes are getting too warm, rivers and some rod building. How's the healing coming along? Takes longer now days.... I do have quite a few to build.-Steve
Getting better, but progress is a little slower than I'd expected and not always a straight line upward. I've read that feeling 95%+ back to normal often takes a good year. So still no fishing, but I can do some light lawn casting at least...still haven't caught anything on my lawn but will hook and land a neighbor's car soon.

I'm almost done wrapping up a 6'6" fiberglass 3 weight that I bought for super cheap a few years ago. The blank is painted dark mustard yellow and I'm wrapping with some old medium brown Gudebrod thread given to me. I plan on skipping the CP because I want the wraps to look a bitt darker than they do now. I'll post some pics when done.