Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Vogler Lake

5K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Lazy Drifter 
#1 ·
With man rivers humming right now it seems as though still water is my solution to my fishing addiction. Has anyone been on Vogler Lake in the last few months? I cannot seem to find any information on in it within the last 3 years. Any info would help, thanks everyone.

#15 ·
That used to be a nice little lake to fish. But people started talking about it and it kind of went to hell. That year they put those fish in there from Trout lodge were some big fish. You get one on and it would pull you around until you either netted it or it was an LDR. Is there any water in Depression lake??

#24 ·
WDFW was no longer stocking Depression.
Note: WDFW doesn't stock Depression. WDFW provides hatchery rainbow trout to PSE to raise at the Sulfur Creek hatchery, and then PSE stocks the trout in Depression and elsewhere.

I remember one time I was at Depression Lake and the only water in it was some pools at the east end of it. There was a couple of guys fishing the pools because that's where all the fish ended up .
Depression Lake only exists because the West Pass Dike leaks due to naturally porous soil and rock. PSE pumps the water back into Baker Lake, sometimes leaving Depression with very little water in it. And I gotta' admit, it just makes sense that those guys would choose to fish the part of Depression that had water in it, as opposed to the parts that were dry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.