WTB OPST 10' tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

4sallypat

Looking to buy: OPST Commando tips - float, sink, light, medium weight tips - 10, 12 or 15' please.....

These tips are used in front of the Commando head - the tip density varies from front to end so they fish better than standard level T tips.....

Currently they only sell the sinking tips but I am also looking for the floating tips if anyone has any to sell ?
OPST-Commando-Tips-Riffle-Run-Bucket-AA.jpg

I don't think OPST makes floating tips for their Commando heads. Could very well be wrong on this...however, if I was looking for floating tips, there are a few possibilities. Thinking that Rio makes the OPST lines, I would say take a look at Rio MOW 10' floating tips...level, from 80 to 180 grains. Tapered tips? Rio makes replacement 10' floating tips from 55 to 95 grains, and 15' tips from 84 to 150 grains. And if you had a specific need, Steve Godshall at the R. Meiser Spey Shop can apparently make anything in the way of a fly line.

4sallypat

I don't think OPST makes floating tips for their Commando heads. Could very well be wrong on this...however, if I was looking for floating tips, there are a few possibilities. Thinking that Rio makes the OPST lines, I would say take a look at Rio MOW 10' floating tips...level, from 80 to 180 grains. Tapered tips? Rio makes replacement 10' floating tips from 55 to 95 grains, and 15' tips from 84 to 150 grains. And if you had a specific need, Steve Godshall at the R. Meiser Spey Shop can apparently make anything in the way of a fly line.

Can someone confirm this is an OPST tip ?

What's the grain weight ? Equivalent to T-8 or T14 ?
I think this is an OPST floating tip I have - it's a 10' Medium Floating:

f90GXc.jpg

Vo1y0w.jpg

Have not found this on the OPST website to purchase....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts