Puget Sound

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
Got the boat out for the first time looking for lings, was dead slow and not 1 net seen out. Some days they just don't want to play.

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
Not the sound, but @Irafly and @GOTY came out halibut fishing today. Ocean was pretty angry but we had a great crew who kicked butt and found limits of halibut and lings in less than ideal conditions.

As we were finishing up we were visited by more albatross than I've ever seen in one place. I never did get a count total but there was an incredible amount.

I'm definitely not a bird guy but its hard not to love these birds.

_DSC3247_1-01.jpeg _DSC3272-01.jpeg _DSC3217-01.jpeg _DSC3234-01.jpeg _DSC3241-01.jpeg

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Supporter
Broke a rod yesterday on a lake so picked up a Redington Vice 5 wt last night and christened it with a solid day with SRC and this fella. Worked hard getting to the places with fish. That orange sparkle fly (blatantly ripped off of Stonefish's pics) was money. Silver version was working great too. Now the tendon in my casting arm is a mite tender, lots of paddling
1621208915586.png
Saw this thing that looked like a motorized chunk of iron, didn't look remotely seaworthy to me...

1621209069599.png
oh and the day prior my son and I hiked Ebeys, fished Lone (which was an absolute blast except for the snapped rod- redington pursuit 4 weight dinged just above the ferrule with a bead on the forward cast, next cast....pop and clean break). Check out the old school WFF hat, that once was blue...
1621209357154.png
Just all around one of those kick ass killer 70 degree and clear weekends

adamcu280

Not the sound, but @Irafly and @GOTY came out halibut fishing today. Ocean was pretty angry but we had a great crew who kicked butt and found limits of halibut and lings in less than ideal conditions.

As we were finishing up we were visited by more albatross than I've ever seen in one place. I never did get a count total but there was an incredible amount.

View attachment 281990 View attachment 281991 View attachment 281992 View attachment 281993 View attachment 281994
We haven't seen any albatross up north yet. Maybe we're not getting out far enough but I figured there'd be some out at Swiftsure and SW of Swiftsure.

Every time I see an albatross I think of this:

Irafly

Indi Ira
WFF Supporter

View attachment 281990 View attachment 281991 View attachment 281992 View attachment 281993 View attachment 281994

There were 14 at one point, and they were amazing!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts