Puget Sound

IHFISH

WFF Premium
Yes. You were on fire. Sorry about the rod. I heard one guy go uh oh and looked down the line and saw you fighting a coho with two rods.

jasmillo

WFF Premium
Ha! Now I know that was Jasmillo who was next to me the whole time, you're one fishy dude man!
I was like damn this guy is next to me and getting all the big fish what the hell :)

It’s crazy. They should hand out WFF hats with your board name emblazoned when you sign up to this site. Nothing like interacting with someone for years on this site then fishing next to them all morning and not saying a word to each other!

Yes. You were on fire. Sorry about the rod. I heard one guy go uh oh and looked down the line and saw you fighting a coho with two rods.

Yeah, it is what it is. That’s the second time in two years that rod has snapped. Lesson: don’t horse a coho that’s swiped at your fly and foul hooked itself….even if it’s only a two pounder.

IHFISH

WFF Premium
Nice talking with you IHFish....I had my shot at that big humpie, what a fight.
Nice talking with you too. That was definitely the biggest fish I saw up close today. My offer to blame the attempted net job doesn't come with an expiration date ;).

Andy

Zak

WFF Premium
It’s crazy. They should hand out WFF hats with your board name emblazoned when you sign up to this site. Nothing like interacting with someone for years on this site then fishing next to them all morning and not saying a word to each other!

Yeah, it is what it is. That’s the second time in two years that rod has snapped. Lesson: don’t horse a coho that’s swiped at your fly and foul hooked itself….even if it’s only a two pounder.
I'm picturing you guys side by side catching salmon like:

jasmillo

WFF Premium
This weekend surely did not suck. Nice weather and even with bluebird sky’s, lots of fish willing to play. Like last year, off to a very solid start with lots of fish around. August and September 2020 were tough though so crossing my fingers this continues. It did slow a bit today.

A fish sample from the weekend.

96226F67-0099-412D-8ADC-564FA64E34FF.jpeg

5A9F9753-665A-4ADB-9E7E-830492E8665E.jpeg

3B040513-4BB7-4E5E-AAD9-CB9C74BCCF9A.jpeg

01B3B9DF-5757-4472-AAD2-2294DF17C6C9.jpeg

B06FEC8C-1FDB-4514-ABBA-B7089AEAC1AA.jpeg

B88FA668-0C71-4C3A-95D2-86E20562FB53.jpeg

Non fish indicators of success. Sore, beat up hands. Don’t be like me, remember your tape boys and girls…

5DA61E65-EE82-4DCB-89DE-A4192355E497.jpeg

233FE281-2ECA-4ECC-84EA-89590F50A50F.jpeg

Puget Sound; not a bad place to spend your fishing time….

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
This weekend surely did not suck. Nice weather and even with bluebird sky’s, lots of fish willing to play. Like last year, off to a very solid start with lots of fish around. August and September 2020 were tough though so crossing my fingers this continues. It did slow a bit today.

View attachment 289858

View attachment 289861

View attachment 289862

View attachment 289860

View attachment 289859

View attachment 289857

Non fish indicators of success. Sore, beat up hands. Don’t be like me, remember your tape boys and girls…

View attachment 289863

View attachment 289874

Funny on that last picture. I wore the same sweatshirt fishing three days in a row. I always stick my rod under my left arm to two hand strip.
When I got home, I happened to notice the big ring of underarm salt crust.
The people in Fred Meyers who saw me after this mornings beach session must have been thinking......
“That dude really needs some deodorant. He looks like a human salt block. Thankfully there aren’t any deer in here”.
SF

Kfish

WFF Premium

View attachment 289858

View attachment 289861

View attachment 289862

View attachment 289860

View attachment 289859

View attachment 289857

View attachment 289863

View attachment 289874

Nice solid specimens!

DimeBrite

5X Celebrity Jeopardy Champion
It's been easy pickings for feeding 2-5 lb resident coho and early pinks the past few days. Strange that so many resident coho are unclipped this year, I've only bonked one hatchery coho and released over a dozen unclipped "wild". Let's hope August brings a nice wave of big ocean coho into the mix.

speedbird49

It's been easy pickings for feeding 2-5 lb resident coho and early pinks the past few days. Strange that so many resident coho are unclipped this year, I've only bonked one hatchery coho and released over a dozen unclipped "wild". Let's hope August brings a nice wave of big ocean coho into the mix.
Are unclipped fish naturalized hatchery or just hatchery fish that never got clipped? As I understand the entire resident Coho fishery exists for sport fishing, in which case it doesn't really make sense to not clip them

DimeBrite

5X Celebrity Jeopardy Champion
Are unclipped fish naturalized hatchery or just hatchery fish that never got clipped? As I understand the entire resident Coho fishery exists for sport fishing, in which case it doesn't really make sense to not clip them
Some hatchery coho are adipose clipped, and others are not. It depends on the hatchery of origin. The majority of Puget Sound resident coho are hatchery raised.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts