Puget Sound

tyler

I am using a Rio OBS. I think it is a combo of long hours with salty wet hands, stripping using that same finger every time and locking down on hooked fish with that finger. It happens every salmon season. I actually just broke down and bought a 3 pack of wingo stripping guards for 9 bucks. No idea if they’ll help. Tape works great too. I always forget to put it on and applying it to wet hands does not always work. It ends up not sticking well. I figure throwing a few small sleeves into my wader pockets means they’ll always be there and can be applied all the time. We’ll see how they work.

View attachment 290076

fish more. develop calluses.

jasmillo

WFF Premium
fish more. develop calluses.

Fishing more is not the issue. I fish multiple times a week year around. We’ll, it is kind of an issue, I wish I could fish more but a man needs to work :). Callouses do exist though. Salty water softens them up quickly. I spent 20-25 hours in the water last weekend, stripping the whole time. Was also fortunate enough to hook a number of fish. In that scenario, callouses or not that will likely happen. Not really a big deal. It happens every year.

sroffe

I guess I don't fish enough. I don't have bloody fingers at the end of the weekend. I would like to fish more, but, slicing and dicing your hands after a long weekend doesn't sound really appealing to me. LOL

jasmillo

WFF Premium
I guess I don't fish enough. I don't have bloody fingers at the end of the weekend. I would like to fish more, but, slicing and dicing your hands after a long weekend doesn't sound really appealing to me. LOL

#soft ;).

Well, apparently all it took was stripping mishaps to cause some serious thread drift here. Let’s stop talking about my hands which are not pretty to look at regardless of callouses or fishing injuries (yes, I am a nail biter) and get back into the topic of the wonders of Puget Sound!

speedbird49

Paid a visit to the beach with the jumpers yesterday, sadly they'd moved along. Sea weed was ridiculously thick too. Not as many tide rips as yesterday either

sroffe

I'm liking it (the sun)

Just took a look at the tides this weekend. Not liking that. But, just couldn't get out during the big water exchange this past week. Oh well, we will do what we got to do.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I'm liking it (the sun)

Just took a look at the tides this weekend. Not liking that. But, just couldn't get out during the big water exchange this past week. Oh well, we will do what we got to do.

Sam,
You can take or I’ll grant you my share of sunshine. ;)
I’d vote for winter, spring then fall if that option was available.
SF

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts