Puget Sound

jasmillo

WFF Premium
Continued my fish new beaches initiative today. All I can say is….I’m a dummy. Another beach with easy access - 6 hookups on my first 9 casts. I’ve known about this beach since 2014 and never fished it before….ugh.

No bigs again but obviously it holds fish. Biggest landed, I would say on par with another hooked and lost.

3311C876-50C1-4FD3-B076-4B69B8551040.jpeg

The rest (8 hookups in total, 5 landed) were in this class. Small but plentiful.

6D16445F-29C8-4F40-B068-17F510584D2B.jpeg

8D894009-C911-47C4-B200-85E5E34E17EC.jpeg

If you are just learning to fish SRC, try everything and anything you can get access too. I back burnered this beach 6-7 years ago because the water is froggy with no current and the bottom has minimal rock. There is freshwater nearby which kept it on my list. Everything you read about SRC has merit but don’t live by it. If you have access, give it multiple shots before giving up on it. Also, the beaches do not have to be huge. The last two new beaches I have fished, probably have a combined 250 feet of public access.

Finally, I seem to have lost my net a couple of trips back in MA 13. I fished a bunch of beaches, including some pretty popular ones and have no idea where it was left behind. If someone found a net, reach out and I’ll describe it. Otherwise, I guess I’ll have to join the cool kids club and spring for nice carbon fiber net for myself for Xmas :).

Scandi Andy

Continued my fish new beaches initiative today. All I can say is….I’m a dummy. Another beach with easy access - 6 hookups on my first 9 casts. I’ve known about this beach since 2014 and never fished it before….ugh.

No bigs again but obviously it holds fish. Biggest landed, I would say on par with another hooked and lost.

View attachment 303335

The rest (8 hookups in total, 5 landed) were in this class. Small but plentiful.

View attachment 303334

View attachment 303333

If you are just learning to fish SRC, try everything and anything you can get access too. I back burnered this beach 6-7 years ago because the water is froggy with no current and the bottom has minimal rock. There is freshwater nearby which kept it on my list. Everything you read about SRC has merit but don’t live by it. If you have access, give it multiple shots before giving up on it. Also, the beaches do not have to be huge. The last two new beaches I have fished, probably have a combined 250 feet of public access.

Finally, I seem to have lost my net a couple of trips back in MA 13. I fished a bunch of beaches, including some pretty popular ones and have no idea where it was left behind. If someone found a net, reach out and I’ll describe it. Otherwise, I guess I’ll have to join the cool kids club and spring for nice carbon fiber net for myself for Xmas :).
Great fish & pics....I found a net in the drift wood a couple days ago...could be yours ?

IHFISH

WFF Premium
Anyone else get out in the rain today? My first stop was a small estuary I shared with somewhere between 7 and 18,000 seals. Stopped off at a more popular spot on the way home and a couple SRC showed themselves but they were gone before I could get the fly to them.

IMG_2488 - Copy.jpg
IMG_2489 - Copy.jpg

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Anyone else get out in the rain today? My first stop was a small estuary I shared with somewhere between 7 and 18,000 seals. Stopped off at a more popular spot on the way home and a couple SRC showed themselves but they were gone before I could get the fly to them.

View attachment 303589
View attachment 303590

Thanks for your efforts cleaning up the beaches.
SF

speedbird49

Planning on doing some South Sound Chums and I found a bunch of potential spots, but I am not sure about the access. My first choice is a pretty well known creek that was opened under emergency regs, but I am unable to tell if there is access to saltwater or not from the park trail. This wouldn't be a problem normally, but I am hoping to take a friend and she only has a saltwater license. A freshwater license this late in the season isn't a prudent investment, especially considering we are likely only making one trip together. If you fish South Sound Chums and are willing, please shoot me a dm! It would help me figure out which of the spots I picked would be too cumbersome to access

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts