Puget Sound

Jake

One src today about 15 minutes in, which I thought boded well.

It puked one of these
AE630728-8F9D-4871-A0FA-501C5BCF19BA.jpeg
and I thought “Hell, yeah! I just tied a bunch of surf candy last night during the Pebble Mine event.” Things were looking even better.

Then, I opened my pack and remembered that the sand lance/anchovy box was on my tying desk because I had stocked it with the newly-tied flies.

Here’s what I had in the box at the bottom of my pack:
image.jpg

That one src was the only one of the day.

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter

It puked one of these
View attachment 242117
and I thought “Hell, yeah! I just tied a bunch of surf candy last night during the Pebble Mine event.” Things were looking even better.

Then, I opened my pack and remembered that the sand lance/anchovy box was on my tying desk because I had stocked it with the newly-tied flies.

View attachment 242121

That looks like a mini barracuda.
Nice fly box.

Jack Devlin

It puked one of these
View attachment 242117

View attachment 242121

You should have fished the regurgitated lance. :)

Vandelay Industries

A wholly owned subsidiary of Kramerica Industries
Somedays, so true Jake. Yesterday I threw to the same jumping cutty not 30' from me for what seemed like eternity. Screw this..., and walked up the beach to turn around and watch an osprey dive bomb, pluck him up and fly off. Did the walk of shame back to the truck at that point but it still made my day.
It's always cool to see them catch a fish. It shows who the real masters at fishing are. We just pretend we are.

mlapsen

MdwstrnTrnsplnt
Escaped to west side of Whideby and was wishing for some early summer Steelies or Rezzies... first visit ever. Found these guys instead. Still amazing to be on/in the water. Anything welcome. Stay sane/safe!

Attachments

• A22998B1-DE45-4B35-9C83-F1462D75610C.jpeg
    A22998B1-DE45-4B35-9C83-F1462D75610C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 111
  • EBA9AFD5-1F1F-4A6D-B9BE-D856794543DF.jpeg
    EBA9AFD5-1F1F-4A6D-B9BE-D856794543DF.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 113

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
WFF Supporter
Escaped to west side of Whideby and was wishing for some early summer Steelies or Rezzies... first visit ever. Found these guys instead. Still amazing to be on/in the water. Anything welcome. Stay sane/safe!
That is a staghorn sculpin, Leptocottus armatus. They are quite abundant on sandy beaches and are very willing to take a swipe at a passing fly.
Steve

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts