Puget Sound

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Escaped to west side of Whideby and was wishing for some early summer Steelies or Rezzies... first visit ever. Found these guys instead. Still amazing to be on/in the water. Anything welcome. Stay sane/safe!

If you happen to run into a warden, just don’t tell him you are wishing for rezzies....at least not until July 16th if you were in MA 9 and not at all if in 8-1 or 8-2 this year. ;)
SF

mlapsen

MdwstrnTrnsplnt
If you happen to run into a warden, just don’t tell him you are wishing for rezzies....at least not until July 16th if you were in MA 9 and not at all if in 8-1 or 8-2 this year. ;)
SF
Great point. No interest in targeting anything out of season and always CNR these days anyway. Never fished Whidbey before. Last minute family getaway and grabbed the 6wt going out the door hoping there might be some SRC... only learned about possible Summer steelies once I arrived. No matter, beach is beautiful and got in a lot of casting practice.

mlapsen

MdwstrnTrnsplnt
Sorry to hear about the summer run miss, but I’ll tell you the “Sculpin run of 2020” is in full swing near Bush Point (hotspotting?). Anyway, fun times, great casting practice, and hooked a teenager on fishing with the help of the ‘not so elusive’ sculpin

BigBigTrip

WFF Supporter
SF
Can I ask where you got those dates for MAs 8-1, 8-2, and 9? July 16 sounded early to me. I just checked the regs and they say 25th (MA 9) and August for (Aug 1st) 8-1 and (Aug 16th) 8-2. I don't see anything on the emergency pages, but I could have missed it or maybe I misread the super-easy to follow WDFW Fishing Regs. And finally, my awesome WDFW App doesn't seem to want to stop downloading updates, so that's not helping right now...

NRC

WFF Supporter
Can I ask where you got those dates for MAs 8-1, 8-2, and 9? July 16 sounded early to me. I just checked the regs and they say 25th (MA 9) and August for (Aug 1st) 8-1 and (Aug 16th) 8-2. I don't see anything on the emergency pages, but I could have missed it or maybe I misread the super-easy to follow WDFW Fishing Regs. And finally, my awesome WDFW App doesn't seem to want to stop downloading updates, so that's not helping right now...
You might be experiencing a confusion I ran into last year - the current WDFW pamphlet is valid thru end of June 2020. The new rulebook will come out at the end of this month. So the dates you reference above I believe were for 2019, not 2020.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler

BigBigTrip

WFF Supporter

Great, thanks!

BigBigTrip

WFF Supporter
You might be experiencing a confusion I ran into last year - the current WDFW pamphlet is valid thru end of June 2020. The new rulebook will come out at the end of this month. So the dates you reference above I believe were for 2019, not 2020.

Yup...I'm a dumb-ass!

Vandelay Industries

A wholly owned subsidiary of Kramerica Industries
I had the same issue with the app last week. Uninstalled it from the phone and reinstalled. It worked after the fresh install. Don't know the issue though.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts