Puget Sound

Meeshka

I really enjoy this thread. You guys are certainly blessed with living in such an outstanding environment!

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
I tried three of my regular spots in A-10, only northern spot produced a couple, two southern spots were complete blanks except rocks. Does not look good for central and southern A-10 this year. I expect the effort will fall off quickly, it did last year which was equally sucky.

Did run into this while soaking pots.

Dis me if you want for pic op but no nets ever used for wild fish on my boat, fish was tail wristed, supported and gently removed for no more than 20 secs, then released unharmed.....

Not dissing, but its worth pointing out that it is illegal to bring a wild salmon that cannot be retained into a boat for any reason. Personally I wouldn't be posting such a pic where everyone can see it.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
A dinner fish too View attachment 248038
Rezzies are plump due to all the bait

There are some nice fish around for sure. 3-4 yesterday across multiple beaches on good fish. Lots of small fish too. With fishing being solid, lots of people as well. Very crowded beaches for a Wednesday. All keeper sized fish landed today were unclipped so they went back. Snapped a quick pic of one. I need to figure out a better release method for unclipped fish I try and keep them in at least shallow water to unhook but there has to be a better way.

Question: are the tribes the source of the bigger unclipped fish around this time of year? I have caught 5 already In MA 9.

0CB56E85-C612-426A-96E2-CDFC829A1FE4.jpeg

Vandelay Industries

A wholly owned subsidiary of Kramerica Industries
There are some nice fish around for sure. 3-4 yesterday across multiple beaches on good fish. Lots of small fish too. With fishing being solid, lots of people as well. Very crowded beaches for a Wednesday. All keeper sized fish landed today were unclipped so they went back. Snapped a quick pic of one. I need to figure out a better release method for unclipped fish I try and keep them in at least shallow water to unhook but there has to be a better way.

Question: are the tribes the source of the bigger unclipped fish around this time of year? I have caught 5 already In MA 9.

View attachment 248179
Nice fish!

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler

View attachment 248179

Nice job.

I started carrying a rubber net a few years ago once they went to non clipped release in MA 9.
I just tuck it behind me under my wading and stripping basket belts, so it is out of the way.
I've found it helps subdue the fish for easier release versus them thrashing around in the water.
Helps also if you can't quickly ID whether it is a clipped or unclipped fish while fighting it, which can be difficult at times under choppy or low light conditions.
I've release a number of the over the past few years and never noticed any scale lose either in the net bag. Just an option to consider.
SF

Kfish

WFF Supporter

View attachment 248179
I'm getting my salmon stokes on thanks to your pic :)

Porter

image.jpg

Tonight it’s ribs and a couple beers. Tomorrow AM it’s GG or Carkeek for some 6 weight bait fish tossing! Not sure if fishing will be good but be fun to be out early and casting practice at the minimum.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
View attachment 248686

Tonight it’s ribs and a couple beers. Tomorrow AM it’s GG or Carkeek for some 6 weight bait fish tossing! Not sure if fishing will be good but be fun to be out early and casting practice at the minimum.

@Porter
Last time I walked in Carkeek about a month ago all the gates were closed though walk in was open.
If it is still closed, you can park down near near my place and walk in.
PM me if you need details on where to park.
SF

Porter

You know where I’m at. Only a 20 minute walk taking 12th Ave. trail to the beach. Do appreciate the offer tho. Not sure where I’m going yet. GG has been better to me over the years but then probably be a crowd there. ???? Bikini volleyball and all !

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info