Puget Sound

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Time for these nice weather weekends to go away and some shitty weather to start showing up again.
I’m ready to trade Coney Island back for Desolation Sound.
Jesus there were a ton of folks out today.
Cabin Fever is at pandemic levels.

Do you ever get that spidey sense you are going to be the subject of the overly enthusiastic, hyped up beach goer? I was that guy today.
When I saw him flying down the beach like he was in the speed walking Olympics, I knew I was in trouble. ;)
He got the following out before I got a word in.
What are you fishing for?
I used to fly fish?
What pattern are you using?
Do you fish here often?
I used to fly fish again?

Having a German Shepard swim a circle around me while fishing today actually seemed refreshing, lol.
SF

Porter

Yea there was many people out today. Not only walking the streets and paths but out driving too. I was in broadview this afternoon and the amount of people strolling 7th Ave NW and 3rd NW was :eek:

Kfish

WFF Supporter
Time for these nice weather weekends to go away and some shitty weather to start showing up again.
I’m ready to trade Coney Island back for Desolation Sound.
Jesus there were a ton of folks out today.
Cabin Fever is at pandemic levels.

Do you ever get that spidey sense you are going to be the subject of the overly enthusiastic, hyped up beach goer? I was that guy today.
When I saw him flying down the beach like he was in the speed walking Olympics, I knew I was in trouble. ;)
I used to fly fish?
Do you fish here often?

Having a German Shepard swim a circle around me while fishing today actually seemed refreshing, lol.
SF
Glad I deferred fishing to tomorrow morning and took the kids sledding instead :)
Welcome back shitty weather!

keekster4504

I used to fly fish?
Do you fish here often?
Sometimes fishing local beaches can really make you feel like a celebrity with the non-angling beachgoers... Although if I'm with my husband (who can count the number of times he's fished PS on his hands and has very little idea what he's doing) people tend to defer to him with their questions :rolleyes: When I'm by myself, I often have people ask me if I keep all the dead fish in my sling pack... they seem to lose interest when they realize I'm standing waist-deep in Puget Sound in the middle of winter, not catching anything, just for fun.

"What are you fishing for?" is always a tough question for me. Like, how much do I really want to get into the topic of the anadromous lifestyle of a fish they may never have heard of (assuming they're not an angler)??? Then the science teacher in me kicks in and I start waxing poetic about the complex life history of the coastal cutthroat, and their eyes glaze over and they leave me alone :D

Vandelay Industries

A wholly owned subsidiary of Kramerica Industries
Sometimes fishing local beaches can really make you feel like a celebrity with the non-angling beachgoers... Although if I'm with my husband (who can count the number of times he's fished PS on his hands and has very little idea what he's doing) people tend to defer to him with their questions :rolleyes: When I'm by myself, I often have people ask me if I keep all the dead fish in my sling pack... they seem to lose interest when they realize I'm standing waist-deep in Puget Sound in the middle of winter, not catching anything, just for fun.

"What are you fishing for?" is always a tough question for me. Like, how much do I really want to get into the topic of the anadromous lifestyle of a fish they may never have heard of (assuming they're not an angler)??? Then the science teacher in me kicks in and I start waxing poetic about the complex life history of the coastal cutthroat, and their eyes glaze over and they leave me alone :D
Just tell them you're fishing for Bass. Either they'll nod in agreement and not ask anymore questions or you'll get a confused look. Either way, they'll leave you alone.

Hahaha.

wetswinger

Just tell them you're fishing for Bass. Either they'll nod in agreement and not ask anymore questions or you'll get a confused look. Either way, they'll leave you alone.

Hahaha.
When I say "cutthroat trout" they give me the "huh" look. Here in the saltwater? They're alot more excited when I say Coho Salmon.

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Supporter
waxing poetic about the complex life history of the coastal cutthroat, and their eyes glaze over and they leave me alone :D
A combination of uninterruptible slow talking, religiosity, repetition and monotone will kill conversation

say it with me, in monotone and slow....:

anadromous sea run cutthroat trout are a bounteous gift from our creator who blesses us with opportunities to catch and then release these gifts from our creator

(incidentally also a really good negotiating tactic...stay on task, speak ridiculously slowly, show no deviation, substitute anything religious with more of a toned down but still zealous bent "have proven to be a critical team player loyal to the varied missions of our shared vision")

Last edited:

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
A combination of uninterruptible slow talking, religiosity, repetition and monotone will kill conversation

say it with me, in monotone and slow....:

anadromous sea run cutthroat trout are a bounteous gift from our creator who blesses us with opportunities to catch and then release these gifts from our creator

(incidentally also a really good negotiating tactic...stay on task, speak ridiculously slowly, show no deviation, substitute anything religious with more of a toned down but still zealous bent "have proven to be a critical team player loyal to the varied missions of our shared vision")

I love the creativity from you all!

I usually just put up my hood and avoid eye contact. That seems to work really well. If it’s a super busy beach, a set of old headphones in the ears playing nothing works too. The old, I know I’m sitting next you on this plane for 4 hours but have no interest in talking to you trick.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts