Puget Sound

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler

I think some folks use the beaches as their own compost bin.
I found a orange yesterday and also what looked like a very decomposed egg plant that just fell apart when I went to pick it up.
It also looked like someone had trimmed their ivy and mowed their grass and dumped it on the beach, which of course the tide had spread all along the beach.
I once observed a guy walk down to the beach in the fall and dump a bucket of rotten apples into the sound.

Really odd behavior by folks who live in nice homes on the beach but don’t seem to give a shit about the beach itself.
That is the only explanation I can come up with as to how all this stuff like produce and yard waste gets on to our beaches.
SF

Last edited:

Bagman

I found a orange yesterday also what looked like a very decomposed egg plant that just fell apart when I went to pick it up.
It also looked like someone had trimmed their ivy and mowed their grass and dumped it on the beach, which of course the tide had spread all along the beach.
I once observed a guy walk down to the beach in the fall and dump a bucket of rotten apples into the sound.

Really odd behavior by folks who live in nice homes on the beach but don’t seem to give a shit about the beach itself.
That is the only explanation I can come up with as to how all this stuff like produce and yard waste gets on to our beaches.
SF
As some of you may remember I was at one time a surfer that lived in Santa Cruz CA. I was surfing a beach along the cliffs with a few friends an we all saw a guy that lived overlooking the surf dump his yard wast over the Cliff onto the the beach below. He made the mistake of not checking what all was in the can full of yard waste, which happen to be a bunch of junk mail with his name and address on them. We called the police and they came and check out the pile of crap and took some of the mail up to the house and made the guy come down and clean up the pile of crap off the beach. The police thanks us for being good stewards of the ocean.

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Supporter
I found a orange yesterday and also what looked like a very decomposed egg plant that just fell apart when I went to pick it up.

SF

Yeah it is a strange compulsion, dump the trash off the bluff. Guaranteed they got ivy all up through their bluff trees too, just a matter of time before the hill slides....

adamcu280

As some of you may remember I was at one time a surfer that lived in Santa Cruz CA. I was surfing a beach along the cliffs with a few friends an we all saw a guy that lived overlooking the surf dump his yard wast over the Cliff onto the the beach below. He made the mistake of not checking what all was in the can full of yard waste, which happen to be a bunch of junk mail with his name and address on them. We called the police and they came and check out the pile of crap and took some of the mail up to the house and made the guy come down and clean up the pile of crap off the beach. The police thanks us for being good stewards of the ocean.

"Kid, we found your name on an envelope
At the bottom of a half a ton of garbage and
Just wanted to know if you had any information about it"
And I said "Yes sir, Officer Obie
I cannot tell a lie
I put that envelope under that garbage"

NRC

WFF Supporter
Cutts were pretty much awol today so we changed gears and went looking for coho. Fish were super spread out, and not showing themselves much, but we found enough to have fun.

And I may have spotted a weird little school of small, darkish fish with weird marks running down their back at one point this afternoon ;)
The winky face makes me assume you’re talking about turds overflowing out of Bremerton or something, but it ain’t rained that much lately

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Cutts were pretty much awol today so we changed gears and went looking for coho. Fish were super spread out, and not showing themselves much, but we found enough to have fun.

And I may have spotted a weird little school of small, darkish fish with weird marks running down their back at one point this afternoon ;)

About that time!
SF

Northern

It's all good.
WFF Supporter
And here's a Q for you Puget Sound experts: saw lots of sand lance today, but in addition to the expected ~2" size class there were also lots of big fat 5 inchers.
Do sand lance live more than a year?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts