Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Puget Sound

257K views 3K replies 240 participants last post by  speedbird49 
#1 ·
It is true.
The place sucks. Believe everything you've heard.
The ferry ride was expensive, no fish, traffic is bad, lots of people and the scenery is terrible.
Stay away for your own good......;)
SF

Cloud Sky Water Atmosphere Water resources

See less See more
#2,022 ·
Harvest moon...
1632281544519.png

"That's no moon.... It's a space station!" Obi-Wan Kenobi
"
It IS the moon.... I am not a real camera" My cellphone
1632281712006.png

Lucky that my eyes are better than my cellphone's ability to capture today's amazing moon rise. Hope we get another great view of the harvest moon for tomorrow's equinox, however tomorrow's forecast for Puget Sound is mostly cloudy which is totally fine for coho harvest...

#2,034 · (Edited)
Really sucked out there today!
Water Sky Hand Cloud Photograph

That rainbow looks very familiar, I wonder how it happened? :rolleyes:
Tried to catch some unicorns on the fly or snag a pot of gold for a while, but although conditions were optimal none were harmed today...the same thing can't be said about ocean coho (Now oficially "Fall coho") which sacrificed themselves and honored the harvest moon...but those were not on the fly today! A complete sampler of weather conditions early AM in the Sound to welcome the Autumn: no wind and cloudy, sunny and coho chop, windy against the tide, rain and rainbows, wind and coho chop and most of the combinations of those. Agree with @Chucker , it totally sucked out there today.

#2,037 ·
MA10 Beach this morning, nothing decided to tug back. But! I did see something thrashing about maybe 150 feet from shore. It looked like a swimmer struggling to stay afloat... Then realized it was a coho struggling to break free from a seal. Quite a large fish, too.

I always assumed that seals kept their catch under water... Why would they want to give away their spots so easily? Planning on heading out tomorrow with my fins and some incisor implants.

E

#2,038 ·
Speaking of Area 10, I have seen a lot of pictures of fish caught from area 10 looking very dark. Humpies turning green with humps on their backs, Chinook that are a deep bronze color. As far as I knew the only fish that turn this dark are spawning in creeks extremely close to shore. Anyone know why so many dark fish are taken from there?

#2,065 ·
#2,070 ·
I'm working really, really hard for ho-hum keepers these days. At least I hooked up 3 times today. Then again it took 6 hours, 3 beaches and two MA's….

View attachment 296315

Mornings like today always beat work though….

View attachment 296320
Decided to transfer my skunk to tomorrow in order to take advantage of the foul weather. Looks like it'll be sporty out there. Good wind direction for casting to Quilcene fish or no pointers though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.