Swap Streamer Swap

Just finished getting these tied up. Will have them in the mail tomorrow. From what I can tell, it looks like you guys have tied up some amazing flies. Hopefully these can match the same level of quality.

A little background for those who care: This a color variation of Alyssa Halls' Bling Master. She ties amazing trout and steelhead flies from her shop Owl Creek Flies out of Thermopolis, Wyoming. I think she got her inspiration from Jack Gartside's Beast Master. Both Alyssa's and Jack's are a white/grey and color. I been tying and fishing this yellow color lately, and have found it to work really well in this high, fast, muddy water that we've been seeing here in Western Colorado this runoff season.

Like Jack's description, I like how this pattern can be fished a lot of different ways. Swing it, jig it, let it sit and sink, strip it super fast. I've caught fish using all of the above. Most effectively in these fast runoff conditions has been fishing from the bank with a short sink tip from my floating line. I'll cast into the fast water, and swing it into the small, slower and deep pockets, right off the bank. I'll try to be patient and let it sit for a second or two, before I give it any strips, and I'll often get some pretty aggressive strikes as it kinda surfs the slower currents. I think in these conditions, and at this time of year, the fish see it as a sort of intruder, and will strike more out of aggression than hunger. This has resulted in some nice big browns and rainbows.

While there's a lot of fluff when dry, water really tightens things up. You should have a streamer that's about a pencils width in diameter, once it's in the water.

Dry:

Here's my recipe.

Hook: TMC 300 #2
Tail: Yellow Saddles, Copper and Holographic Gold Flash
Underbody: Flat Diamond Braid, Root Beer
Body: Yellow and Sunburst Marabou with Copper and Gold Holographic Flash
Legs: Yellow Barred Rubber Legs, Medium
Head: Sunburst Saddles, Yellow Deer Hair
Bead: Spirit River Brite Beads, Copper, 5.5mm, + lead

I tried my hardest to make these as durable as possible. In my early versions, I did have some rubber legs pull out. I hopefully got that fixed with some tighter thread wraps. If you have any problems, let me know and I can send you a new one.

Otherwise, let me know how they work out! Thanks to all for your wonderful flies and thanks to Scudly for putting this all together!

Reukk, Glenwood Springs, Colorado

Scudley is on the skids. Talked to him today and he didn't go to work, pretty rare for him. Sounds like he has the flu pretty bad. Give him a day or so and he will be back with you guys.

I sent out a message but I got my flies back in the mail today because I had insufficient postage. I mailed those bastards a while ago, I'm not sure what the hell took so long getting them back. I added the necessary $0.22 postage to ship them and I'll get them out tomorrow.

I'm sorry to delay everyone. This is the first time I've ever had an issue like this and I've been in a lot of swaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent out a message but I got my flies back in the mail today because I had insufficient postage. I mailed those bastards a while ago, I'm not sure what the hell took so long getting them back. I added the necessary $0.22 postage to ship them and I'll get them out tomorrow.

I'm sorry to delay everyone. This is the first time I've ever had an issue like this and I've been in a lot of swaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anything is possible with today's USPS. Anything...

Latest posts