Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Anyone try an LTS Speedline Short scandi head with triple density?

Spey 
967 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Robert Engleheart 
#1 ·
I was looking for a multi density line to try my hand on the Provo and Weber rivers for brown trout to avoid the chunky skagit and OPST heads which splashes down.
For multi density lines, I have the Airflo; Intermediate/Float skagit and triple density FIST skagit

I found this on YouTube and wanted to know if anyone has tried out these compact scandi lines with 3 different densities?

See less See more
#2 ·
I fished an 8 weight and a 6 with Nate Bailey on the Rogue, my first experience with a sinking 2H line. Nate is a believer and proponent of these lines and in the high(ish) water conditions we experienced they did slow down the swing. They were paired with LST rods, the 12'6" six weight was very nice.
I believe Donna Sullivan is involved in the development of the LST line up and that's enough cred for me.
Let's just say that evening I went to Steve Godshall and had him make me a sinking intermediate, it was ready to fish the next morning. I credit this line with helping swing up several nice 'bows on the Kenai in flows that were 140% of normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.