Bamboo and Glass Rod Conclave, Puget Sound style 6/24 10am

para_adams

Just to make this "official" (we are anything BUT an "official" group), the plan is set for this year's Bamboo and Glass Rod Conclave. Details...

Saturday June 24th 10am.

CASCADE VIEW NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
16202 NE 40th St, Redmond, WA
http://binged.it/1LqAjAB

Across the street from part of the main Microsoft campus off NE 40th and is just a few blocks off Rte. 520. Parking is on the street next to the open grass field where we'll be casting.

Let's get together to cast cane and glass rods, classic, new, blue collar and SHORTIES! We can finally let Steve K see just what his challenge unleased over this winter.

Feel free to bring a chair and folding tables or horses (to put rods on). Bring food and drinks if you're inclined, but we're not planning on anything other than casting.

If the weather shapes up to be miserable I'll stay home and let folks know I'm not coming, if its only "iffy" or better I'll be there, a few rods in tow that might be of interest for others to try.

Looking forward to seeing our fellow grass & glass'rs.

Ron

I am planning to be there. I will bringing my new shorty that Steve got me interested in building, along with some other rods. There is a fellow that wants to start building fly rods and I mentioned this to him. I told him I would bring some of my rod building tools to help him get an idea of what he is getting into.

Jerry

para_adams

I am planning to be there. I will bringing my new shorty that Steve got me interested in building, along with some other rods. There is a fellow that wants to start building fly rods and I mentioned this to him. I told him I would bring some of my rod building tools to help him get an idea of what he is getting into.

Jerry
Jerry, it'll be fun to see your shorty rod and the tools too, glad you're planning to attend.
Ron

I'm looking at my rods.....what should I bring?? They all want to come but alas they can't. We're bringing pontoons for fishing somewhere later in that area...shorty fishing challenge anybody?

Last edited:

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415

Jerry
If your shorty is based on a Constable Wisp please be sure to bring it. I have other Constable's built by Constable that you might be interested in. Although finding blanks that truly capture what Constable was trying to achieve may prove difficult at best.

TC

PhilR

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey
Dang. You guys have fun. I'll be up at East Lake for the Westfly rondi that weekend. I'll bring shorty with me, so we'll be there in spirit.

Tim, my shorty is labeled as a Constable Wisp 6031. It is an Asian built blank from Anglers Roost. Will be interesting to see how it compares to the real thing.

Jerry

para_adams

I've been considering which rods to bring. Here's what I'm thinking...

6' Shorty

7-1/2' 3/2 3 wt, blank from TroutCreek (Ray). Med-Slow, extremely light. Small creek rod.

7-1/2' Fishkill 2/1 5 wt. Refinished. Med-Fast. Looks somewhat stubby but its a surprisingly capable rod.

8-1/2' PHY Special 2/2 4/5 wt. First year(s) when Young started building his own blanks. Med-fast, not parabolic, but very light and lively with an extra little kick.

8-1/2' Phillipson Pacemaker Dry Fly Special, varnished. 6 wt. Med-flex with a ton of power for long distance.

Ron

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
Tim, my shorty is labeled as a Constable Wisp 6031. It is an Asian built blank from Anglers Roost. Will be interesting to see how it compares to the real thing.

Jerry
Not having an original Wisp, no comparison is possible. He produced a wide variety of tapers. At best it might be possible to feel some general similarities to some of his other models.

TC

Latest posts