Swap Tenkara Swap

Hey everyone! Since this is a new name to the forum, I thought I'd start off by introducing myself. I'm not a new member, but thanks to a perfect storm of events coupled with a bit of a hiatus from the forum I don't have the username for my old account or access to the email address associated with it (both were made when I was a freshman in high school 7 years ago). I participated in 5 or 6 swaps over the years I was active, so this isn't something new to me.

With that out of the way, I thought I'd see if there's any interest in doing a Tenkara swap. I've recently gotten into Tenkara fishing myself, and while the flies are generally simple I'm sure some of you have unique patterns that have served you well. I have a few variations myself that have done well for both warm water and trout fishing. I'm shooting for 5-10 tiers, 1 pattern each and 1 or 2 flies of each pattern depending on how many people sign up. If everyone can get them in the mail in 5 weeks, I'll have them turned around by week 6.

wonko

I am definitely interested. I have only been tying flies for about half a year, but I have a few that might be fun. Have been looking to participate in my first fly swap :)

Any specific style we should fit in (i.e. sakasa kebari) or just whatever we fish tenkara with?

I am definitely interested. I have only been tying flies for about half a year, but I have a few that might be fun. Have been looking to participate in my first fly swap :)

Any specific style we should fit in (i.e. sakasa kebari) or just whatever we fish tenkara with?
I'm not going to limit it to any particular type of fly, so whatever you use for Tenkara is fine. That said, I would like to see some traditional Tenkara type flies rather than the more specialized nymphs and stuff most western fishers use

Latest posts