Posting youtube video's!

I had a look around here & couldn't find a thread or info! How do you post videos from youtube? And is it even posible using just a phone? I don't own a computer, but there are a few vid's from over here i would like to share! Thankyou! Adam Saarinen

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Just highlight copy and paste the link into your post. You can also use the "insert media" icon in the toolbar, but that seems redundant.

All that said, I just tried adding a You Tube link to a post last night (tried both methods); and it does not show up in the post. It leaves a blank space where it would normally display, but that's it. Anyone know possible causes?

freestoneangler

A test, using copy / paste of the link to the youtube video...
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0o0JGiY6kk
Chris - it converts the address I copied from YouTube to something different and leaves space in the post where the upload would typically appear... but is blank. This just started happening as I've previously had no problem copying videos into threads. Perhaps something in my settings?

freestoneangler

Still don't see the embedded media above. Active X Filter is off, Shockwave enabled, and Adobe showing I have most current version. Both laptops using IE11 having the same issue with this site; not so on other forums.

freestoneangler

Most IE problems can be fixed by switching to Chrome. All of them can be fixed by switching to Firefox. :)
I think they all have their issues. I used Firefox for a long time at work without issue, but then combinations of new OS, addition of new s/w, and/or a FF upgrade started making it a PITA. Switched back to IE and all was right again. BTW, I also tried Bing to solve this problem and Bing bombed. Thanks for the suggestion.

Latest posts