Fish aren't the only thing the radical right threatens

Sorry Lee, but that position is not accurate. We dealt with 2 totalitarian groups in WWII: Ask the Nazis if we didn't just kill them off, or the militant Japanese we turned into radioactive dust. Nope; the way to eliminate jihadism is to kill them-ALL of them. Then you outlaw their brand of bullshit. And having had some experience dealing with the kind of terror the VC delivered to their people, I do know a thing or two about it.
Serious question, Alex; how do you kill all of them?

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
Serious question, Alex; how do you kill all of them?

you may recall that we, and our allies, killed enough of them that we forced them into unconditional surrender. The rest, Germany took care of by banning any show of Nazi sympathies and imprisoning those who were leaning in that direction. Japan lost how many in two nuclear holocausts? Let's put this a different way: you're within feet of a black mamba, one of the most deadly, and easily pissed off snakes on the planet. Do you 1) slowly move away, leaving it alone, or 2) poke it with a stick. Translated into human terms, you give those who think to do you harm a serious reason not to, rather than claiming that "global warming" forces them to do evil, and "reaching out" to them, a la Maxine Waters. I fought VC terrorists over 40 years ago. They thought nothing of inflicting unspeakable horror on their own people. We as a Team, figured that turnabout was fair play. They got the message.

hbmcc

Sorry Lee, but that position is not accurate. We dealt with 2 totalitarian groups in WWII: Ask the Nazis if we didn't just kill them off, or the militant Japanese we turned into radioactive dust. Nope; the way to eliminate jihadism is to kill them-ALL of them. Then you outlaw their brand of bullshit. And having had some experience dealing with the kind of terror the VC delivered to their people, I do know a thing or two about it.

I never understood why our country loves slaughtering people. Or, jumps into stupid shit. Never could wrap my brain around wack jobs who bragged about getting gooks with phosphor tracers. Maybe you want to pay the trillions of debt, so Costco can peddle cashews from Vietnam. Don't compare WWII with the crap you wipe a flag in.

jersey

livin' the dream
I never understood why our country loves slaughtering people. Or, jumps into stupid shit. Never could wrap my brain around wack jobs who bragged about getting gooks with phosphor tracers. Maybe you want to pay the trillions of debt, so Costco can peddle cashews from Vietnam. Don't compare WWII with the crap you wipe a flag in.

That's a bit over the line.
Have your position, state it, maintain civility, and be respectful, please.

lee c

Alex, thanks for your service to our country. I agree whole heartedly about Nazi Germany and Japan, and I too believe in speak softly and carry a big damn stick. The point I was trying to make is best illustrated by a example, just using myself as that example, what would be my reaction if my family was wiped out by a bomb meant for others. I think it would solidify a deep hatred for whomever was responsible. That cycle is endless. I agree that for those that mean us harm, we should take whatever steps necessary to eliminate them, but that's security issue, it goes nowhere in solving the root cause of the problem. And while we may not agree Alex, I understand your point well and respect it.

Rob Allen

Alex, thanks for your service to our country. I agree whole heartedly about Nazi Germany and Japan, and I too believe in speak softly and carry a big damn stick. The point I was trying to make is best illustrated by a example, just using myself as that example, what would be my reaction if my family was wiped out by a bomb meant for others. I think it would solidify a deep hatred for whomever was responsible. That cycle is endless. I agree that for those that mean us harm, we should take whatever steps necessary to eliminate them, but that's security issue, it goes nowhere in solving the root cause of the problem. And while we may not agree Alex, I understand your point well and respect it.

We did right by Germany and Japan. We waged the war very well then after we defeated them we ensured they could not do it again then rebuilt them.

The big flaw of ww2 and the following years was being soft on communism.

Gene S

You fight terror with terror. The only tactic terrorists understand.

Fire bombings of Germany and Japan were not surgical strikes. In the end dropping the big ones on Hiroshima and Nagasaki saved millions of lives, mostly Japanese. A time when leaders had guts to make tough decisions.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone

He simply cannot grasp the concept that there are people around the world who would cut his throat without giving the act a second thought. His weapon of choice is 6 string guitar. He gets to freely spew his idealistic world views because of guys like Alex and those of us who have served in the military.

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
you may recall that we, and our allies, killed enough of them that we forced them into unconditional surrender. The rest, Germany took care of by banning any show of Nazi sympathies and imprisoning those who were leaning in that direction. Japan lost how many in two nuclear holocausts? Let's put this a different way: you're within feet of a black mamba, one of the most deadly, and easily pissed off snakes on the planet. Do you 1) slowly move away, leaving it alone, or 2) poke it with a stick. Translated into human terms, you give those who think to do you harm a serious reason not to, rather than claiming that "global warming" forces them to do evil, and "reaching out" to them, a la Maxine Waters. I fought VC terrorists over 40 years ago. They thought nothing of inflicting unspeakable horror on their own people. We as a Team, figured that turnabout was fair play. They got the message.
I respect your opinion Alex and certainly thank you for your service. I agree with a lot of your points. That being said I can't get behind this 110 billion in arms (total potentially) to the Saudis as it seems when ever we arm these people it comes back to bite us in the ass. what are your thoughts?

All of a sudden you are the civility monitor. Don't get me wrong, civility should rule any and all debates. My concern is I have never seen one of your pontifications arise when the alt right folks on this board step over the line. Which, by the way, happens quite frequently, in case you haven't noticed!

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
I respect your opinion Alex and certainly thank you for your service. I agree with a lot of your points. That being said I can't get behind this 110 billion in arms (total potentially) to the Saudis as it seems when ever we arm these people it comes back to bite us in the ass. what are your thoughts?

Yes, you raise a very good point, depending on the arms. Any weapon system we give them though, we already know how to counter it in terms of "seeker-designed" systems like missiles. At this point though,isn't this just an MOU, so the weapons aren't moving yet. I think-somebody else chime in here?-that it requires congressional approval?? But remember, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'll say this though; fanatics of pretty much any stripe are dangerous, and beg elimination. Nobody's immune to this, but the question is always how far do normal people let this go. We-as humanity-have let this go on far too long, and that includes the violent shits here in America.

jersey

livin' the dream
All of a sudden you are the civility monitor. Don't get me wrong, civility should rule any and all debates. My concern is I have never seen one of your pontifications arise when the alt right folks on this board step over the line. Which, by the way, happens quite frequently, in case you haven't noticed!

No way in the world am I stepping up to the the civility monitor and moving forward will stay out of here.

The alt-right, made-up word to further smear a differing opinion, is most times agreeable to me. The progressive movement is one I don't agree with. This "Progress" is financially destroying long-term viability of my State's economy. The left have plenty to say and plenty of power and have no problem attacking, now a days physically, someone with a counter argument.

Maybe this will help explain my point of view on living and governance; in Nature, it is survival of the fittest. Nature does not care if you are there or not. Take care of yourself, solve problems, make choices, and be diligent enough to survive. When these items are not handled properly, serious consequences occur. It is up to the individual, not Nature to remedy.

Appreciate your conversations GT. Although we may choose different means to achieve our end goal, this doesn't make either of us better or worse people. Thanks man.

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
Being born before WWII I knew of little but war for the first 8 years of my life. I hated it and just wanted to see my dad and uncles again. When it was finally over I naively believed that after 60 million deaths worldwide we had learned that there should never be another war. A simple childhood dream with no basis in reality.

The Japs were incredibly cruel to the Chinese and any other group they came in contact with. The Germans were no less vicious and slaughtered Russians killing about 20 million of them-about 1/3 of all the total deaths in WWII. As enemies they were easy to identify and the world came together to stamp out Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan. It isn't so easy now. Radical muslims now occupy almost every every corner of the earth and are as insidious as cancer cells. Their cowardly attacks with suicide bombers indicate just what a low form of life they really are-a less than human sub species that represents a threat to the entire world in much the same way as all the dread diseases we have fought for decades to wipe out.

Somehow the nations of the world have to band together again and address the muslim threat in much the same way as they did the Axis powers in WWII. If not the evil sick bastards will continue to flourish and proliferate and continue to wreak senseless havoc on innocent people everywhere. The question now is how long will it take until the "kill or be killed" gene is activated world wide and we decide in favor of humanity instead of sub-human insanity.

Some draconian measures will surely have to be taken at some point that will fly in the face of the hand wringers. It won't be pretty but remember-it's kill or be killed-a concept that has brought us to where we are today.

Rob Allen

Which members are alt right?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts